Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Snips & Snails & Puppy Dogs Tails.......

Apparently that's what my little boy is made of.  I'm not sure what a snip is, but snails are gross.


Yep, we are having a boy! Look how cute he is; I can't wait to meet the little person who has been kicking and bouncing on my bladder for the last several weeks.  I think he's going to be a runner too, his little legs were going non stop during my ultrasound last Friday.  I would be running in there too, there's not much else to do, well he could swim, but if he's like his mother, he doesn't like to swim.


Today I am 18 weeks and 5 days or in my 19th week of pregnancy and that means I am in my 5th month.  Things are going well and I am feeling much better now that the ingestion has subsided a little, in fact, I feel pretty normal, with the exception of the pregnancy forgetfulness.  I always thought that the pregnancy brain or forgetfulness was just a myth until it started happening to me.

I have fallen off the stupid tree and have hit every single branch.

Seriously, I forget everything.  The other day, I was looking for my pink running glasses and couldn't find them anywhere. I finally gave up and went into the bathroom (I can only go so long without pee breaks), I looked in the mirror and there they were, perched on top of my visor where I normally put them.  The stupid thing was that they weren't the only pair of sunglasses up there.  I had not one, but two pairs sitting on top of my visor.  At least I am prepared for the Colorado sunshine.  Now, if I could just figure out why I thought I needed to pack two pairs of left shoes to go to the gym, instead of a right and a left, I will be all set.

Running is getting harder for me.  I am carrying the little guy pretty low and bio mechanically, running is getting a little painful because I am having to run/walk so slow.  I am going to keep at it as long as I possibly can, but it is definitely a struggle with the pain and all of the peeing.  Trying to map out my runs around toilets is just hard, which is why I love trail running so much right now.  You can pee anywhere!!!  I keep hoping he moves up a little and I start to carry a little higher.   I am still getting in about 6 to 6 1/2 hours of swim, bike, run, and strength work in however, and I feel that this is a major success.

Last week, we took a mini vacation and stayed in a cabin in the mountains right outside of Leadville, CO, so I am way behind on reading blogs since I don't blog while on vacation, but I will catch up.

I did manage to take a few pics:

The first two are on the patio of our cabin with a view of the mountains in the back and the last one is of me right after a 6 mile trail run with my favorite trail running parter.





Hope everyone is having a great week!

19 comments:

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Congrats on finding out it's a boy and a runner to boot!

Kathy said...

Yay! Congrats on the little man!!! Glad you're staying active, I know it gets hard at times!
So are you going to keep calling him Beavis?

C2Iowa said...

CONGRATS. The next question has to be: Nike? Brooks? Mizuno? Barefoot? . . . . so many choices for him.

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

congrats Tara! sounds like you are going to have a new favorite running partner soon. Yet, the current one is beautiful. Have fun in Leadville!

ajh said...

Congrats! How fun to know you will have a boy. Take care!

Julie said...

Yea for little runner boy!

At least you have an excuse for being on the stupid tree, I have issues and thank god I'm not pregnant.

Christi said...

Little boys are awesome. Okay, I am biased because I have a boy.

Congrats my dear!

Whitney said...

Congratulations!!!

I love the look of your running partner - I need to get me one of those.

Jan said...

Congrats!!! Boys are soooooo much fun. In my very expert opinion (LOL) I think having a boy first is ideal!!

Jamie said...

So exciting! Congrats!!!

Yo Momma Runs said...

Congrats! And those mountains are gorgeous. You are so lucky you have them so close.

Molly said...

oh pregnancy brain, how I don't miss that : )

Yay for a little man, and you're doing great with your fitness! Beautiful place for a vacay! Happy Easter Chickie!

runforwine.net said...

A boy!! Yay! Congratulations girl. Very exciting stuff.

I wholheartedly understand 100% of this post. pregoo brain, painful bladder running, strategizing bathroom breaks etc...

I feel like I've gotten a bit of relive from the bladder while running over the last week but I have shortness of breath now so she must have moved up. Still not nearly as bad as how painful that little teaspoon of pee can make you feel in there.

Your still looking awesome and 6+ hours of workouts for the week is perfection!!

Jill said...

Rick's not going to like that he's a runner...sorry but you're going to be stuck with the little guy still while Rick's out riding his bike. Just your luck, huh?!? :)

Loving all those gorgeous smiles in every picture. Pregnancy fits you very well.

Look how well formed the little guy is already...he's like a real little person now, not just a grain of rice. How cool!

Love ya, girl!! :)

Teamarcia said...

Awwww Beavis is precious! Look at that cute profile. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Enjoy that 2nd tri!

dreambigrunner.com said...

Good job on still running! Yeah for a boy!!!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

ok i am totally behind, congrats!!!

The Green Girl said...

Aw, congratulations on your little boy.

Your post made me laugh so hard - I totally pictured you with the two pairs of sunglasses. Heh.

TX Runner Mom said...

Okay, so obviously I need to catch up on my blog reading. CONGRATS!! How exciting! LOL at the preggo brain forgetfulness. I locked my keys in my car 4x when I was pregnant with my daughter. The same guy came out from AAA each time. We were pretty good buddies by that 4th time!