Thursday, February 9, 2012

11 Random Things and Virtual Run Info


I am probably the last person in blog land to be posting this (well, except for maybe Jill), but since I average about 1 post every three months, that's just the way it is.

I was tagged by Slomo at Cheerful Actually to do the 11 Random things about myself.

Here are the rules:

1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set forth in your Taggers Post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you Tag.
5. Go to their Blogs and tell them you tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section saying "you are tagged if you are reading this". You have to tag 11 people.

I will ignore rules 4,5,and 6. I think everyone has pretty much been tagged. I know I am breaking the rules, but that is just me, I am a big damn rule breaker.

First of all, I wanted to mention that I will be participating in SUAR's Virtual Run on Saturday, February 11th at 9:00 MST. Sherry Arnold was a runner, mother, wife, daughter, and teacher who went for an early morning run on January 7, 2012, and never came home. Thousands of people across the U.S. will be running in Sherry's memory on Saturday. Will you?

You can find the details of Sherry's story and print out a running bib HERE

11 Random Things:

1.) I am a big damn rule breaker. And I just don't care.

2.) I have a huge bunion on my right foot, which makes running difficult sometimes.

3.) I carry a pair of underwear in my purse. I ended up in the ER a couple of years ago and had on the rattiest pair imaginable. If I am ever in a car wreck or in need of urgent medical attention, I can rest assured that I will have nice looking underwear (as long as I am able to change).

You're wanting to leave now aren't you. I'll clean it up a bit

4.) I absolutely LOVE the smell of bacon. If they could bottle it up, I would sniff it all day long. I cannot, however, stand the taste of bacon. Blah. Gross. Nasty. I am a vegetarian you know. Oooo, wait, I can't use that as my #5!

5.) I am a vegetarian. I have been known to slip a few times, but I always go back to the no meat thing. Honestly, the thought of meat makes me nauseous sometimes. I'm weird, I know.

6.) I have a birthmark inside my ear and it looks like a speck of dirt. I don't know how many times my husband has tried to brush it off.

7.) By now you people are realizing that I am just not very interesting. And I am not, but I do love dogs. That's my number 7

8.) I love to run (hey it works! it's really hard to come up with random crap, so leave it be!)

9.) I am an Accountant by profession, but a bum at heart.

10.) I had OCD tendencies as a child. People would tell me that I had pretty eyes and I would have to then blink at least ten times in a row. The seam in my sock had to be lined up just right with my toes and my shoes. I used to drive my parents crazy with this. Yes, I have been crazy since I was little.

11.) I have a total girl crush on Kara Goucher. I drive my husband crazy talking about her sometimes.

Now for Slomo's questions:


11 Questions -
1.Paula Radcliffe has to hold something in her hands when she runs? Do you have anything which is a must when you run that only you do (outside of typical clothing, shoes, gadget) ?

A. I have to spit. I cannot run or bike without spitting at least a million times, which is why I have a hard time running on a treadmill or an indoor track. I suppose I could carry my own spittoon.

2.CNN, FOX News, MSNBC, CNBC, CSPAN, PBS or Comedy Central? (pick two please)

A. What? I don't watch tv. I get my news from Facebook or OMG Yahoo.

3.Biggest Dare you did and/or compelled someone else to do? Do you regret it?

A. I have forgotten my high school years. Too much beer. I'm going to say I probably don't regret it, I don't regret anything I've ever done.

4.Name four famous dead redheads?

Lucille Ball, Carole Burnett, Napoleon, and ???????

5.What is your favorite Shakespearean Play, or the first one that pops into your head?

First one that popped into my head was, of course, Romeo and Juliet, but my favorite one was Taming of the Shrew. Hilarious.

6.Should Ingrid Bergman had stayed with Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca and why?

A. I've never seen Casablanca. Sorry. I've heard it's really good, but I have a hard time sitting still for movies. If it's not a book, I'm not interested.

7.If you could pick your ideal city, state or country to live - which one and why?

A. I'm pretty happy here in Denver. Who doesn't love the mountains?

8.What is your favorite cheese?

A. I could eat White Sharp Cheddar cheese all day long.

9.Burgers, Pizza, Burritos (or Tacos), Fish and Chips or Gyros? Which one is your favorite and what restaurant?

A. PIZZA from Shakespeares Pizza in Columbia, MO. Best pizza on Earth

10. If you were the hottest recruit in the Country for any sport - what College or University would you pick to play, and what sport (running doesn't count)? Why would you pick that School?

A. If I can't pick running, then I would pick FOOTBALL. I love FOOTBALL! I would pick Mizzou in Columbia, MO because the Tigers are my favorite college football team.

11.Name a place you could sit, think and watch life go on around you for a complete day if you had to, could or ever wanted too. Why? ANY PLACE on the planet counts, but try to be specific if possible.

A. I love being in the woods, preferably by a stream. I love the absolute solitude and quiet.


Thanks for tagging me Slomo, I always have fun doing these posts.

15 comments:

Keri said...

I love that you say "woods" that screams Missouri! Ken makes fun of me for saying things like that.

I also love that you had OCD tendacies as a child. I used to keep all of my shopping bags and fold them neatly and place them in a larger bag under my bed. Not weird at all right???

Big Daddy Diesel said...

These are fun to read, thanks for sharing

Tara said...

Keri, you and i are so much alike. LOL. I wish you guys lived out here!
We could spend a lot of time running out in the "woods"!

Keri said...

Me too! We would be a hoot! Want to runt he Kansas City marathon in October? I think if I keep brining it up, that you might end up agreeing to it. :)

Christi said...

I love your answers. I, too, am OCD. I still do some weird things. Drives my family crazy.

I would have gone with Basketball and KU! I think we grew up on opposite sides of the state line! :)

Julie said...

Funny!!!! The underwear and the "spec of dirt" cracked me up!

I also love that you are a rule breaker...I sadly in most respects seem to be a rule follower. :(

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

fun! Carol Burnett is still alive, but cool - you got Napoleon.

I guess we will not be flying you and your husband out for our annual Academy Award Oscar Party then? :)

I have the same toe/sock thing as well. I blow snot wads out of my nose within the first mile of most runs, and now - I can hardly run without my Husky.

Hot recruit sport/school - surfing and the school UC Santa Barbara. Go Gauchos!

You are too fun Tara!

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

oh - i have not response about the underwear. Yet, it sounds consistent. :)

Jill said...

Hey now, I BEAT you posting about the run for Sherry so you ARE the last one, Chica!

You always make me laugh. Why haven't we been to the pool swimming and bitching about the cold water and complaining about snorkel-man lately?!?! Oh, cuz we don't like how cold the water is! :) We must go swim and catch up soon!

Love ya!

ajh said...

The mountains in Vermont are much smaller but also pretty awesome.

You didn't tell what a great swimmer you are now!

Love the underwear in your purse. Do you ever pull it out when you go to pay for something?

Katie @ Will Race for Carbs said...

Yay for spitting! I have to spit too. I just do. I am a vegetarian but I hate the smell of bacon and Facebook is my main source of news as well. You are too cool Tara!!

Irene said...

I haven't done this kind of post, either, so you are not the last one. I'm just a blog slacker. :)

I don't think Carol Burnett is dead, though.

Terzah said...

I can't believe I am so late reading this. I am basking in the feeling of 100% agreement with you about Shakespeare's. Someday you and I will sit down to a tasty pie there together, at the original one. Is that my stomach growling????

Let's see....what else....I too love dogs and have a huge bunion on my right foot. And Napolean was a red-head????

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, how well I remember the toe/sock issue when you were a little girl! We were just talking about this at Christmas with Aunt Marilyn and Lisa.

Mom

Molly said...

I have some OCD issues. when grocery shopping, I have to take the second box/jar/can behind the first one on the shelf, because I think less people have touched it.