Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Things I Know for Sure about my Life

There are a few things in life that I know to be fact:

1.) The St. Louis Cardinals will be playing in the world series. The first game is tonight and I will be cheering them on. They will be taking that stupid rally squirrel with them. Most of you will have no idea what I am talking about when I mention their rally squirrel, consider yourselves lucky, although he is kind of cute.



2.) Fall is here and my favorite holidays are approaching. I've been busy making treat bags and planning on how I will scare unsuspecting trick or treaters.




3.) Fall is also my favorite time to go mountain biking, which is perfect because it is also my off season. I love riding in the crisp air and seeing the gorgeous fall color change of the Aspens.



I know for a fact that my daughter is beautiful and my puppy is adorable.



4.) I know that while I have enjoyed racing triathlons, I am ready to do some running races again, so I have signed up for an out of town half marathon and have even booked the flight.

Now, those of you who have been following me for awhile know that I do not have a good track record for out of town races. It seems as though once I finally manage to drag the ole credit card out and schedule a flight, something happens.

Examples: Two years ago, I booked a flight to San Antonio for the Rock and Rock Marathon. The very next day, I went and had a pulmonary embolism and couldn't run the race the following month.

Last year, I was a month out from the Chicago Marathon, so I figured I better book a flight, so I did. The next weekend, I ran my last 20 miler and hurt my ass muscle and my SI joint came out. Then it all went downhill from there. I won't bore you with the details, but I couldn't run that out of town marathon either.

So now, it is the day after I have booked my flight and I am dreaming up all kinds of horrible things that could happen in the next week. I am even thinking of purchasing some bubble wrap and wearing a helmet.

Surely, SURELY karma won't come back to bite me again. RIGHT? Please tell me it won't......

I also know for sure that I am behind in reading posts (as usual), so I'll see you soon

17 comments:

Morgan said...

I think I'd be feeling just as gun shy about all that too!!! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that this race will be YOUR race. Hugs!

Teamarcia said...

Woot for the flight! And for happy ass muscles, SIs and everything else! Cannot wait to see you! I am fully booked too so we'll share some bubble wrap! xoxo

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I remember when the Cardinals beat my Tigers in 2006

I really want to get into mountain biking, I wish Ohio had more trails

Beth said...

third times the charm, right? My fingers are crossed for you!

Where are you headed?

Terzah said...

Cardinal fan (and Columbia, MO girl) here too! I think this race will work out for you. Three is a lucky number. Your daughter and your puppy are both adorable!

ShutUpandRun said...

Did I miss it?? Where the hell are you going???

Tara said...

Argh, I guess I forgot to put the name in the post. I'm going to race the Carlsbad half in January.

Christine said...

Don't worry, 3 times is a charm :) Great picture with your daughter and the dog :)

ajh said...

Don't have anything happen this time. You don't want to have to do more swimming!

Julie said...

You will make it and you will rock it!

I think I would like to try mountain biking but I'm not sure I have what it takes. And that includes a mtn bike. :)

Jill said...

If you ruin this trip by having something else break down, I will personally murder you. Ok? Ok!! You MUST find me somewhere after your race and bring me cross that finish line. Did I forget to mention that was part of the Carlsbad deal?

:)

Christi said...

You will not miss this out of town race. I am sending that positive thought into the world so your karma will here.

You are right! Your daughter and your puppy are gorgeous!

Meg said...

NO, this race is meant to be. If it's "the" race that I'm thinking of. Are you doing the full??? So excited!

Be careful of Jill, she is threatening you. Yikes. Tough mama.

I just know it's going to be gorgeous and sunny here for you guys!

Cory Reese said...

So excited to be watching the World Series!!!

And your mountain biking picture is beautiful.

Candice @ I Have Run said...

I want to see a bubble wrap/helmet photo!

Yay for signing up for a new race though. I think Beth is right. Third time is a charm.

And I remember the whole ass injury =(

HappyTrails said...

There's no way you won't make this one - Carlsbad should be way too lovely in January to miss! Being a semi-crafty person, I am curious about your treat bags??? Your daughter and puppy ARE gorgeous. And like you, I get WAY behind on keeping up with blogs - probably b/c I am getting ready to head OUT on my road bike, away from the computer!
:-)

Molly said...

Which one are you doing???? I think three times will be the charm, and you'll nail it.

did you get all that snow this week????