Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Day in the Life.....

Beth over at the Shut up and Run blog is having a contest where you can be entered to win a free shirt or free visor and to be entered to win, you have to blog about a day in your life. Now, let's face it, I'll do just about anything (I said almost anything people) for free stuff, so I'm in.

Before I begin, I would just like to apologize for my boring life.

My day begins anywhere between the hours of 5:00 to 6:30 in the morning, just depending on how many glasses of wine I have had the night before. I head downstairs and begin the task of showering and getting ready. I work as a Senior Accountant at a corporate headquarters for a company here in Denver, so I must look presentable on a daily basis.

Let me tell you, it's not easy to look presentable, I mean, look at this hair:

It usually takes me about an hour, but somehow I manage to pull myself together and head into the office around 7:30 to 8:00

Even if I'm not quite awake when I get there, I am usually shocked awake by the view outside my office. It's ok to be a little jealous; there's not many of you out there who get to look at a big ass blue and yellow sign outside the office window all day (what mountains?). That sign is 92 feet tall and I am sure you can probably see it from outer space. Thank goodness we are moving to a new building in the next couple of weeks.


Once at work, I work for the next 8 hours, or at least pretend to look like I know what's going on. Today, I am working on calculating revenue for our centers and booking the reserve on one of our biggest exposures that we have: our AR.

From 9:00-10:00, we have a meeting to go over this information. You awake out there? Me either.

I do a lot more then just work for 8 hours. I am in here for a good portion of the day.

because I try and drink about 3-4 of these every single day. Don't you wish you knew for sure what was in the bottle?


Today's lunch will be a bowl of Miso soup with tofu and some wheat crackers and I will get out the fart machine to play tricks on some poor unsuspecting person walking by my cube. This is a premium fart machine as it has up to 8 different fart sounds and a remote control.

After lunch, I book our bad debt expense and then start calculating our MSA payments. I yell and curse a little in frustration and then before I know it, it is time to go home.

Tonight I had a Brick on my schedule, so I did 45 minutes on the trainer and then a 20 minute run. All at easy pace.

Next up will be the dinner and wine and then off to bed in order to start the madness all over again tomorrow.

23 comments:

Amanda@runninghood said...

ha ha! I have to have one of those fart machines! Oh wait, I'm a stay at home mom now so the jokes wouldn't be nearly as fun after I used it on my kids and husband but if I was still teaching...Oh, I would so get a fart machine for my coworkers to be amused. NICE view!! Who doesn't want a view of IKEA! Gosh, I missed your blog...Not quite sure how you got off my blogroll but you must go right back on so I can visit more often.

ajh said...

Love your view! Why would you want to change it?

Glad you are back and posting. If I posted my day, yours would look wildly exciting.

Molly said...

I love it when I read your posts and I laugh out loud : )

I have to find a fart machine for my kids Christmas stockings.

Red or white?

forget the sweeping view of Ikea, I enjoyed the panoramic view of your bathroom!

HappyTrails said...

Ha, ha! The fart machine reminds me of the old whoopie cushions.... A few weeks ago, while pretending to be tourists in Manitou, we found a farting dog stuffed animal. Almost bought it b/c not only did it make realistic fart sounds, it was cute too. So I guess you aren't a big fan of IKEA??? And I can't believe you are already sitting around on the trainer... ours are reserved only for the most nasty, blizzardy days in the winter!

Jill said...

Can I have your job??? Fart machines, blogging all day, a view of IKEA - JEALOUS!!! Too bad it wasn't a swimwithjill day, eh? :)

I can't wait for bedtime...which is going to be at Tara hours tonight!

Love ya!

Beth said...

I LOVE these day in the life posts! Wish our accountants had your sense of humor.

Tara said...

Molly- I like white, but I LOVE red!!!!

misszippy said...

I think you clean up pretty well! It was nice to get a glimpse of the real world. Mine is confined to my house, and while I wouldn't trade it, it's fun to remember what life in an office is like! Thanks for sharing.

Johann said...

Haha, nice post and great view into your day. I think I must enter this competition as well. Your view is better than mine.

Terzah said...

I know *exactly* where your office is because the opening of that Ikea was greatly anticipated in my (cheap) household for a year. But we *still* haven't made it down there yet.

On your post about intestinal issues...my problem is usually the opposite--issues during training, but not during races. I totally avoid anything suspect two days before a race, which is impossible to do in normal life.

Christine said...

What a fun post! I enjoyed following you for a day! :)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

If the huge Ikea sign wasnt there, you would have a great view

Tara said...

Big Daddy Diesel- I know! That thing has only been there for a few months, that's why I am so bitter. I used to have an awesome view! haha!

Happy Trails - Yes, there are certain times during the week where I am a total sissy pants and just do my ride on the trainer after work. Hehe.

Jennifer said...

Thank you for letting us into your life!

Heather @ The World Through My Eyes said...

Just found your blog -- I love reading blogs by other Colorado girls!

Ahh, the new Ikea!!! Aren't you glad that built that right in front of your work window?!

Candice @ I Have Run said...

I'm still awake!! And I want one of those fart machines for my hubs for Christmas.

ajh said...

Okay- now I may know why you had to rest after swimming laps. What stroke were you doing? When I do the breast stroke I can go a long time but the free style - one lap and I am dying. I have not done two in a row yet. I am terrible terrible terrible. I can only get better.

runforwine.net said...

Hey! I didn't know you were back to blogging until I saw your comments a couple of days ago. I wasn't sure if you wanted me to make that one public or not. Thanks for your kind words. I know everthing always works out the way it's supposed to.

Great job on the 5k! Sounds like your comeback is going well!

Christi said...

I believe you are right on that sign! I mean do they really need the second big ass sign when their name is huge on the building?! I think not!

Your day is about like mine!

Happy Runner Girl said...

New Reader here!Fun post! I like your wake-up call depending on wine...me too!

Happy Runner Girl said...

New reader here! Great post...same on wake-up call depending on wine :)

Katie @ Will Race for Carbs said...

I'm still not used to that giant Ikea sign! Every time I drive to the mall it is a shock!! I still haven't been in there yet. Just found your blog through Terzah!

Meg said...

Sweet Girl, thanks for your comment!! I always appreciate the honesty of women who share their experiences to help others during these tough times. YOU are SUCH an awesome person. BIG HUGS! I hope we can finally meet in January!