Cheers to the weekend.
- I know that title is probably extremely misleading. The "musings" part leads one to believe that they have arrived on some kind of blog with deep thoughts and intense contemplation. Right. I am SO not a deep thinker. I even had to look up the word musing.
- This was supposed to be an actual post, but I just got back into town from a business trip and I got tired of staring at the blank screen with no words coming into my head. Lack of sleep has my brain fuzzy and the thought of writing an actual comprehensive blog post just hurts my head. Or it might have been the late night wine. I guess we'll never know.
- Silk Chocolate soy milk is one of my favorite post workout treats. Wonder what it would taste like if they made soy milk in a "cake batter" flavor.
- I raced another sprint triathlon recently and I have yet to put a race report up. It was my second triathlon and as good and as fun as the first race was, this one was equally as bad. I totally freaked out on the swim because of the cold water and rain and couldn't put my head in the water. No really, there were polar bears floating on ice caps out there. Ok, maybe there weren't, but it really was cold and I wigged out in the open water. I then had a bike malfunction during the bike portion and cried like a little girl. I am truly glad that I wasn't wearing my usual "race mascara". That would not have been pretty. My time was better then the first triathlon and my run time was better, but really, there is no other way to put it other then: I sucked it.
- I really need to revamp this blog. Even I'm getting turned off by the colors and layout. And hey! Did you know that it has been 355 days since my last race? Yeah....time for that to go.
- My race season ends with only three events: The Copper Triangle bike ride, which was an 80 mile ride over three mountain passes and a net elevation gain of 6,000 feet and two sprint triathlons. Three events leave me hungry for more.
- It has been in the upper 80's here in Denver and I am ready for fall weather. I say this and it will probably snow next week.
- Currently searching for 2012 race events, but for now, it is time to rest, relax, and enjoy fall and pumpkin spice lattes.
- I should have labeled this post Random Friday Crap.
Have a great weekend!