Friday, June 18, 2010

Time for a Quickie.

A quickie post that is; get your mind out of the gutter. Or maybe mine was the only one in there, which usually tends to be the case. I’m quite frequently the only one in a work meeting snickering over the use of the word “package” or “unit”. Juvenile, I know, but it keeps me young at heart.

Anyway, I’m still around. After my marathon, I took time off to enjoy life outside of internet and running. GASP. Shocking, I know.

I’ve enjoyed some beautiful hikes around Colorado.

That is my dog pooing in the foreground; beautiful isn’t she?




Went to my daughters dance recital.



I’ve rediscovered such things as ice cream and other junk food.



I’ve gone to Missouri and suffered through their 5000% humidity to watch my beautiful younger sister wed her new husband. I may or may not have been dancing on a chair at the reception, which caused my mother to exclaim “How drunk were you!!??” I gently told her that I do not need to be drunk in order to dance on a chair; I am naturally stupid and will do things “just because”.



I’ve been riding my bike a lot more in preparation for the Boulder Sunrise Century ride on July 24th. With the increase in rides comes the increase in saddle sores, so I ordered a new product called “Hoo Ha Ride Glide”. It’s specifically for women, made by women. Plus, I just liked the name, it made me snicker. Again, I am juvenile



That’s about it. Marathon training for the Chicago Marathon starts next week. I’m really excited to get back into the swing of things!

I've been trying to keep up with my blog reading, but I'm going to being reading more soon!

26 comments:

misszippy said...

Love a juvenile attitude! It's good for you (and funny!). Sounds like you've done all the right things in between marathon training.

Slomohusky said...

Great hear something from ya Tara! quickie, package, unit, pooing, hoo ha. Glad your back.

Teamarcia said...

How did I not know you were running Chicago?? Maybe I did...this heat is getting to me. We'll have to gt together fo sho!
Looks like you're having fun and keeping busy!

Emz said...

OMG - I must live in the gutter. That was the first thing I thought of! YAY for quickies.

Hey, It's Friday! ;)

Sammie Girl said...

#1 – that title got my attention I was scanning over blogs and “excuse me?”
#2 – Please keep us updated on the Hoo Ha Ride Glide I am hoping to be doing a century ride next summer in preparation for my Ironman the following year (yes, I have races planed that far out)
#3 – Isn’t a break from training nice?

ShutUpandRun said...

But you WERE drunk on the chair weren't you?

My favorite is when people use the word "beaver" with a straight face. As in, "Wow, that beaver is really hairy."

Molly said...

Yay! A classic Tara post...all is right with the world again.

: )

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

wohoo missed you!!! Awww columbia how I miss thee, but seriously the humidity in miami puts MO to shame.

hoo ha... hehe

MCM Mama said...

Hoo ha! *snicker*

I agree, I don't have to be drunk to do "stupid" stuff. ;o)

Char said...

I must be juvenile too - I snickered when I saw the name of the lubricant.
Your sister had a really big wedding party. Love the green vests! What were the green flowers?

Candice @ I Have Run said...

Sounds like some good time off! And being juvenile keeps you young so go for it!

Jill said...

Was GREAT to see you tonight, thanks for all the 8 million calories I consumed! LOVE the wedding picture...such happiness!!

Jennifer said...

Good to have you back Tara! I am in the gutter too, Loved the post, I felt right at home!

ajh said...

You would fit in with my third graders! They are biggest into anything bathroom. If you ask what sex someone is forget it!

Christine said...

Good for you, take your time and enjoy life :) Enjoy your "in the gutter" post :)

HappyTrails said...

You are so funny! We will be looking forward to a full review of the Hoo Ha Glide!!! :-)
K

Anne said...

She's baaaaaack! Lots of fun things going on in that other life of yours...quickies and Hoo ha ride glide :) Glad you're back!

Tricia said...

great pics!

ultrarunnerbrianphilpot said...

It's about time! It's not like you to not blog, don't want to see another give up running and blogging!

Laura said...

Guess who is back sister!

Rad Runner said...

Hoo Haa? Do I need to buy that just because its funny?- So that I can send it to a friend? Good Luck with your upcoming training!

Julie said...

Hi Tara,
Welcome back! I have missed you:) Your daughter is beautiful and you are looking fantastic! Woo hoo for discovering ice cream! Hmm, Hoo Ha Ride Glide...you will have to give us a full report:) Enjoy your week Chica!

Katie A. said...

How did I miss this??? Oh wait, you haven't blogged in forever! LOL!
You have been one busy girl! I can't beleive your doing a century ride - very impressive!!

Katie A. said...

Oh, and I live in the gutter 24/7 - we will get along smashingly in August :)

ajh said...

Tara,
I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you. Thanks for the comments! I suspect I will be back again and hopefully we can meet!!!!!

Maggie B said...

I seem to share your same sense of humor - the more juvenille, the better! :)

Hello Chicago - you go girl...you are an inspiration! I'm thinking of working my way towards The Donna 26.2 next Feb 2011...Jacksonville, FL...we'll see.

How do you like the Hoo Ha??? I could really use something after my rides - yikes!