Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Last Long Run and a Cheribundi Review!

A few weeks ago Samantha, a representative from CherryPharm Inc, contacted me to see if I would like to try their product know as Cheribundi. Cheribundi is a tart cherry juice and is packed full of antioxidants and vitamins. I specialize in mooching and conning people into giving me free stuff, so I quickly agreed to try their product.

Cheribundi means “an abundance of cherries” and I looked forward to trying the drink because I love cherry flavored anything. I was that kid on the block that you would see running around with a cherry kool-aid mustache and sticky cherry flavored popsicle hands. I can even tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue. Don’t be jealous of my skills. I wasn’t able to do this overnight; it takes practice.


I was pleasantly surprised with the drink. I was expecting it to be tart since it claimed to be a tart cherry drink, but I didn’t find it that way at all. It had a hint of sweetness to it, but not overbearing.



Friday, I ran 8 miles and when I got back to the house, I reached for the Cheribundi and it was a surprisingly great thirst quencher and I plan on packing one with me for after my marathon this weekend. I would also like to pick up some more, I seriously didn’t expect to like it that much, but I do!
Anyway, I’ve been sick this week, so I have truly embraced my taper. In fact, I’ve enjoyed lying around so much, I’m not sure that I really want to run anymore. Now put your eyeballs back in your sockets, you know I’ll get tired of being lazy and want to start running again (I’ve got a marathon to run this weekend anyway). In the meantime, I’ve enjoyed catching up on my People and Runners World Magazines. I’ve pondered deep thoughts such as:

“Why is Spencer Pratt such a jerk?”

And…....

"Why don’t we have cool hats like this in the United States, I mean, what woman wouldn't want that look?”



And….

“If Valerie Bertinelli can finish a marathon, certainly I can do it too!! How did she get into Boston anyway?”



Ok guys, I’ve been blog slacking again, so I have TONS of posts to catch up on. See you soon and I hope you are having a great week!

21 comments:

Jesse said...

Hmm, I've been hearing a lot about cherry juice lately - I may have to give it a try sometime.

Good luck on the marathon this weekend!

Jamie said...

I love me some cherries so I may need to check that drink out. Thanks for the review!

Seriously why is Spencer Pratt such a jerk? Anyways feel better and good luck this weekend!!! So close!

Emz said...

I'd love to know how MOST celebs get into Boston. Such a joke. Mr. Pratt ? ? more like an ass. Not sure why I have so much anger towards him?! ;)

saundra said...

I hear tart cherry juice is supposed to be great for reducing inflammation. Could you tell?

Best of luck this weekend. You'll rock it, I'm sure!

Jill said...

Excellent, I was also approached to do a review by Cheribundi and now I don't have to cuz you've done it for me!!! Yay!!!!! And I may have run pathetically in Boston, but I'm sooo glad I beat one Miss Valerie B. I mean, that's just ridiculous! I guess if you're loaded with big bucks, you can run the Boston Marathon no matter if you really CAN'T run a marathon!

Slomohusky said...

I am sure it had something to with Jenny Craig (Bertinali/Boston).

Nice review of the product, but than you state you're sick. Did the cherries get ya?

Good luck Tara and have fun at your Marathon. Actually, Cherry Kool - Aid sounds like a nice Post Marathon drink as well? Can you get some free Cherry Kool Aid to review? :)

tara martinak said...

Hiya.. I somehow stumbled across your blog from some other blog and so on! Links galore.

Anyway, it appears Bertinelli was able to do Boston under the 'non-competitor-raising-money-for-charity' exemption, which is supposedly a normal thing for races that require a qualifying time? I wasn't sure...but that's the scoop I discovered!

Good luck with your marathon this weekend! You'll be great.

Julie said...

Hi Tara,
God, I loved cherry Kool Aid too:) I will have to give the juice a try.

I did not know that Valerie ran in Boston. I had heard that she might eventually run a marathon but wasn't sure when and what race. How did she do?

Your marathon is quickly approaching and you are so ready! I wish you the best of luck! Remember that when things get tough...just say to yourself...Julie says that I am the Bad Ass runner from Colorado...so that means that I am a Bad Ass runner and can do this!! Have a good one Tara:)

Anna said...

Well all you have to do is become a celebrity spokesperson for Jenny Craig and then you'll get an automatic entry into Boston. The question is, will George Castanza show up next year?

You're going to do FANTASTIC on Sunday!! Good luck, good luck, good luck!

ShutUpandRun said...

God I get so anxious when I look over to your countdown and see three days. Remember when it was 101 days or something??? I know we're both going to do great and if we bonk and don't get our times, it's okay, there's always the rock and roll in October and you in Chicago, right??? Looking forward to spending some quality time with you on the bus ride up and running...it will be a great day, my friend!!!!

ajh said...

Good luck in the marathon!!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

mmm cherries that sounds really good.

how did you manage to plan being sick during taper, that's a genius way to enjoy it ;)

chris mcpeake said...

Good luck with the marathon.
If I was a celeb I still think I would want to earn my way into Boston.. I mean its Boston.

SeeGirlRun said...

I've been hearing alot about cherry juice too. But all it reminds me of is the cough medicine we took as kids. Cherry cough syrup. Cherry halls. Ick!! And who is Spencer Pratt? What did I miss????

Laura

Katie A. said...

Dude...Valarie ran Boston? I feel like a chump! :)
You're going to do so awesome this weekend! I'm so excited for you!!!

ajh said...

My race in CO is July 11. The Summer RoundUP Trail 12k

ultrarunnerbrianphilpot said...

You need a hat like that!

rebecca hallin said...

Funny I was wondering too how Valerie B. got to run Bosoton Marathon I thought a ruuner always had to have a qualifying marathon that was in a certain time in order to regsieter and run Boston. what part Of Denver area are you in? I recently moved out of CO here to WA. I do miss Denver at times.

Molly said...

you are the biggest goof ball.

Yeah, I love hearing about celebs like VB who run marathons, still shocked that P. Diddy ran one.

Thanks for asking about my MIL, she's having tests right now and well find out soon if her treatment worked.

DUDE, you have the MARATHON this weekend!!!! I'm so stoked for you, you're going to rock it! Have a great time, take lots of pictures, and GOOD LUCK!!!!

Sammie Girl said...

Just wanted to tell you to have fun this weekend. My first marathon was the Colorado Marathon and I loved it! I still love it (would have been doing it this year, but I will be running San Diego is less than a month). Have fun and enjoy it! Oh! Make sure you have layers on at the start, it gets COLD!
Oh, and I too am a HUGE cherry fan! :)

Meg said...

Good luck with the marathon, Tara! You're going to have a great time...we can't wait to hear about it!