Friday, April 23, 2010

The Silver Maple-Running Inspired Jewelry!



A few weeks ago my friend Jacque sent me a package in the mail. For some reason, I thought it had to do with our sibling’s upcoming wedding (her brother and my sister are getting married in June), so I set it aside and went on my run. It was only a 6 miler, but it was of those types of runs where you come home, collapse, and vow to just “forget the whole damn training AND the race”. I plopped down in my chair to ice my foot and I opened my mail. Inside the package from Jacque was a beautiful necklace with my Ft Collins Marathon race date and a note that read: “before the race let this necklace acts as motivation, after the race this necklace will become total bragging rights of your huge accomplishment”! Wow, this was just what I needed to re-start that little spark of motivation within.



Jacque has just started a business called “The Silver Maple” and makes all kinds of jewelry and specializes in running and motivational jewelry. I wanted to share her website with you because in a couple of weeks, I will be doing a giveaway of one of these running necklaces. Go check it out!

Here's the link: The Silver Maple. Disclaimer: Ok, I'm an idiot, this link will take you to a page not found, just click on the link on the page and it will take you to the website, or copy and paste this link in your browser: http://www.thesilvermaple.com/


Taper has been good to me so far. No long run this weekend, just a "short" 12 miler on my schedule! Have a great weekend everyone and don't for get to go check out the Silver Maple

20 comments:

Jesse said...

Now that you've got some bling, you have to finish the marathon. No more P.E.'s.

Tricia said...

Great necklace! I'm hosting a giveaway for her tomorrow. I only know her through email, but I can tell she is amazingly sweet. What a blessing to have such a wonderful friend.

Have a great weekend!

Morgan said...

That is awesome! Love it!!! What a fab friend and such a great motivator! You are going to do great girl!

SeeGirlRun said...

Tara - fix the link to http://thesilvermaple.com

Beautiful stuff! I know what I'll be asking for for mother's day....

Laura

Laurie said...

What an awesome motivating necklace and it sounds like it couldn't have come at a better time...

Great stuff at the Silver Maple, thanks for sharing.

Anna said...

I love it!! What a great gift. I'm laughing that your short run is longer than my long run..ha! Have a great weekend. :)

misszippy said...

That is some great-looking jewelry! Glad you got your hands on it and can't wait for the giveaway!

Julie said...

Hi Tara,
What a great friend to send you something that special:) It must of been so nice to get that in the mail after a crappy run! I will have to check her web page out and see what she all has to offer!

Tara, I hope that you have a great weekend....do something fun!!

Jameson said...

I like that race bling a lot.

Molly said...

That is beautiful!

It's getting closer chickie!!

Enjoy your weekend!

ShutUpandRun said...

That is serioulsy one of the coolest necklaces I have EVER seen. I will so be checking out that website and what a great place to go for gifts.

Slomohusky said...

Tara,

Very nice. I like the medal a lot. Nice surprise. Keep up the great trainig. Can't wait to read how you do!

Jennifer said...

You are a lucky girl! That is one beautiful necklace and I for sure check out the site! Thanks!

Happy Feet 26.2 said...

How sweet! Just at the right time too. Hope the rest of your taper goes well.

Anne said...

Your short 12 miler is my long run this weekend...relativity :) Love the necklace...what a wonderful friend! Love her jewelry too...

HappyTrails said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful friend! I will check out her website and maybe find myself a nice inspirational trinket. :-) I am so excited for you - you are going to be on Cloud 9 when you cross that finish line! Have a great weekend!
Kathleen

Jamie said...

What a sweet friend! Love the necklace!!!

Meg said...

Wow, the time has arrived. I can't believe you're tapering already. This has been such an accomplishment after everything you've been through. You deserve that gorgeous necklace and I'm going to go check out the website right now! I hope your twelve miles went well.

Meg said...

I'm doubling dipping again with the commenting but I had to laugh...can't tell which was worse...tapering or recovery!! Ok, recovery.
Hugs, you're going to do so well. Again, there's so much behind this race for you AND your readers. Just getting out there is going to be THE BEST.

Lauren said...

aww that's so beautiful!