Monday, March 1, 2010

Running with my Blogger Friends.

Yesterday I met Jill and Beth in downtown Denver for a run. I originally had 16 miles on my schedule, but I had come down with a viral infection and pleurisy of the lungs on Thursday, so I was going to shorten my run and see how I felt doing 5-6 miles.

We met at the downtown REI and took a few pictures and started on our run. Well, the first mile was almost all the way uphill, and I was either going to vomit up my lung or have to call in the paramedics to bring me oxygen, so I decided that 4 miles would be the way to go for the day.




We ran back to REI and I ran to my husband’s office to change and Jill and Beth took off to finish their remaining 12 miles.

After changing, I headed over to “The Market” to grab a cup of coffee and get a little work done before meeting the girls for lunch. The Market is a cool little downtown eatery that has an espresso bar as well as sandwiches and stuff. I snagged a HUGE cup of nonfat caramel latte and managed to spill most of it all over me, my laptop, and my table. Oospy.

About 12:30, the girl stream in and we are all ready for lunch. I moved my computer to clean table and went to order lunch. I turned the corner and there is Jill staring down the cake counter. The girl likes her sugar, but is trying to give it up for her marathon training, so I snapped a picture of her sad face.


Then I notice Beth eyeballing the booze. My kind of girl. It was a good thing that bottle was capped, I’m quite sure she would have downed the whole thing.



I ordered spinach and cheese filo and an Easy Street Wheat. I had only run 4.5 miles, so I didn’t feel bad about having a beer for lunch. It’s all about recovery.



Beth's sandwish was as big as her head.



We bribed the dude at the counter to snap a quick shot of us.



We had a great time and I look forward to running with them again. Hopefully next time, my lung will cooperate

21 comments:

Whitney said...

I hope your lungs get better soon! I'm going to force 4 miles today at lunch, and my lungs better cooperate!

ShutUpandRun said...

Yay! Great pics and a great recap. Totally fun meeting you. Sometime we will have to run again only forget the run and just drink beer. Can you send me your shots so I can do a recap of my own? Hope you're feeling better today.

Jill said...

Um, notice that roll of flab around the middle of my body? Egads girl, thanks for getting that on blog world. Well, I guess now that it's out there, there's an obvious reason I had to have a pouty face next to the sugar and I will be more accountable to the blog world.

I feel bad about my A.D.D. call having us haul your lungs uphill within the first mile; the fact that you gave me a ride home, you know when I left my car key in the car door and all, after that episode was a true testament at just how nice and genuine of a person you really are! I am blessed to have found ya, girl!

I have nothing on my plan for the week other than to see what each day brings so if you're up for a swim or some weights or a yak session on the Treadmill, give me a shout! Try to stay sane in accountant land this week!
xo

Slomohusky said...

Fun meet up and run. really sorry about the illness. take care of that will ya!

By the way, who is the guy falling asleep or asleep behind ya on the last group shot. That made me laugh!

Jesse said...

Man, all the cool people live in Colorado.

Running Through Life said...

It looks like you ladies had a great run together. It is always great when you can run with a group.

I hope the laptop survived the coffee spill.

Julie said...

Hi Tara,
Oh I love the pictures!! You are so lucky to have blogger friends to run with:) I would love to meet all of you some day!! It looks like you had so much fun!! I agree with Jesse...there are so many cool people from Colorado:) I did some running in the hills of Idaho and felt like my lungs were going to explode too...I don't know how you girls from Colorado do it!! Rock stars:) I hope that you are having an excellent Monday!!

Katie A. said...

WTF? Your poor lungs! I feel so bad!
But, so jealous you got to run with all those crazy girls!!! Feel better!!

Lisa said...

Yay for bloggy meetups. Looks like you guys had a fun time!

fitinthecity said...

Wow, looks like you all had a great time! I want to try to find some running peeps in my area. I hope you feel better soon!

Beth said...

It sucks that you are sick! I love The Market (and REI for the matter), what a fun run date. Someday I will be able to keep up with you hard-core CO girls!

ajh said...

I'd have been with Jill staring at the cake! Feel better.Glad you had some run time with your friends.

Molly said...

I was looking at your photos, and then I was like, That's the Shut Up and Run Beth! Great pics!

You're a rock star for getting out there after a nasty illness!

And you started your run at REI? shocker.

HappyTrails said...

Looks like great fun and a dang good looking sandwich joint - yummy after the run!!! Have a great week and get those lungs better!

Tara said...

Thanks guys; we had a lot of fun!

Slomo-I have absolutely no clue who that guy is! I honestly didn't even pay any attention to him.

Julie-if you are ever in Denver; look us up!

Meg said...

How FUN Tara! The three of you made me giggle, so different and yet you all love running and it's brought you all together! I wanna come run too!
By the way, GET well and heal up :) !

Erin said...

I hate having to miss out on the long runs (those are my fav!) but it sounds like you totally made the right decision! Feel better soon!

Kristin said...

Run sounds fun but the post-run lunch sounds even better!

Staci Dombroski said...

Love the pictures! I hope you are feeling better :-)

LookingUpAgain said...

Thanks for stopping by my Blog. I look forward to following your training.

Jenn said...

I'm feelin' your lung pain right now! It's all about recovery..lol!! Cute pics-looks like you guys have so much fun together!! Have a great weekend and heal up!