Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm not a Real Blonde



Blonde moment number 2 million and 1.

Last night I did an easy 3 and a half mile run and then did a 40 minute bike trainer ride. I was really thirsty, so I filled my water bottle with the filtered water from the fridge door. I opened the freezer to pull something out and the water stopped. I stood there dumbfounded for a minute trying to figure out why I wasn’t getting any water out of the filter. I finally figured out that when you open the door, the water stops. Duh. I felt like such an idiot. The sad thing is, I keep having more and more of these "blonde moments" lately. Sigh. Old age?

Yes, that is a box of wine sitting next to my water bottle. Please, no redneck jokes about my box wine; I’m originally from Missouri, what do you expect. At least there wasn’t wine IN the water bottle and NO, I do not drink Stag beer. Even I have a few standards.

Training is going great and I am feeling much better then I did last week. My energy level is pretty much back to normal, which is wonderful because everyone around me is sick!

Monday: 5.25 mile fartlek run. Core work
Tuesday: swim
Wednesday: 3.5 mile run and then a 40 minute trainer ride working on various cadences.
Tonight: 1 hour run with 3 miles at marathon goal pace (yeah!!)
Friday: Rest and recovery. Drink box wine.
Saturday: 16 mile long run. I will be working on hitting my marathon goal pace for about 4 miles of the run
Sunday: 1 hour trainer ride working at hitting high cadence.

I cannot believe that there is only 65 days left until my first marathon. Where did the time go? I keep reading all of your blogs about your various marathon experiences and I just can't wait! Who's taking bets that I'll make it this time? Ok, time to catch up on your posts now. See you soon.

24 comments:

Anna said...

I'd totally crack a joke about the boxed wine, but I have been known to drink Boone's Farm on occasion, sooo..... :)

ShutUpandRun said...

Box wine rules. I would buy it in a keg if I could. Glad you are feeling better; let's get together soon.

Lisa said...

Umm, I confess to having a few of those and I'm a brunette lol.

Nice job on the workouts AND your energy level. That marathon will be here before you know it!

Whitney said...

I've had that same experience with my freezer and water. But it was more funny when my husband did it and his response was "What the???" and then I started to laugh at him. Good times.

fitinthecity said...

HAHA....great post! Sounds like your training is going well. Good luck :)

Jill said...

Meg always prescribes boxed wine to me to help cover my cold...I think she's a little looped when she tells me this though. I am truly sorry, Tara, that you met me and my A.D.D. has rubbed off on you. Well, I'm not really sorry you met me but I'm sorry my A.D.D. was contagious. So glad you're feeling groovy again - woohooo!

Doing 20ish on Saturday. Meeting my friend, Jim at the infamous Kennedy ball park but I am going to start 7 miles earlier in the park at the East entrance. Wanna join us? Maybe Rick could drop you off with me then we meet Jim at mile 6 and then we turn around at the DCC and you continue downhill to REI. Just a thought if interested. Would love to run with ya!.
xo

Jamoosh said...

I'm taking bets you make it!

Beth said...

LOL, I have so done that before with the freezer door! But I am a real blond so I guess I have an excuse. Your training this week looks great , I can’t wait to hear how your first marathon goes!

Adam Culp (Crazy Floridian) said...

Oh No, Jill's ADD strikes again!!!

Never had boxed wine, but I hear good things, so no jokes....yet.

I think you will do great on your marathon. Good luck.

Molly said...

I'm betting you'll make it this time! Good luck on your 16. I would have a virtual happy hour with you on Friday, but those are my no drinking nights (waah!) since I have my running group on Saturdays.

I have blonde moments even though I'm a dyed red head, ever make coffee and forget to put the pot back in place? Mopping sucks.

Happy you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Is that the black box wine that you had at my house :)

Laura

Julie said...

Hi Tara,
I am also a member of the I do blonde things every now and then club:) I don't know if it because I am getting older or if I am just getting a bit flightly as time passes!! Oh well, you are not alone!! Funny post today:) I am pretty sure that you are going to make it....all the way make it:) I would put money on it!! You are going to kick butt at this marathon!!

Jameson said...

Boxed wine is the sign of a great date to me, if it gets ya drunk, it works.

kristen said...

I'm so glad your feeling better!! No judgements here. I've had my fair share of boxed wine:)

p.s. I got my gift card. THANK YOU. I'll be shopping real soon :)

ajh said...

Your first marathon will be awesome. You will totally make it.

HappyTrails said...

Glad you are feeling better this week. You'll do great at the marathon!

Jennifer said...

I am excited reading about your training! You are doing so well, as some who just ran their first, I can say; stay healthy and you will kill it because you have the right attitude!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

too funny! ok so can't believe your race is so close

Katie A. said...

So glad you're feeling better - but I think I caught your crap! I am laid out this week! Ugh!
If it makes you feel any better, I bought a bottle of Trader Joes $5 wine yesterday - it was crap, but we finished it anyway! LOL!
Have a good weekend!
P.S. You're gonna make it and you're gonna rock it, too! Can't wait for that race report :)

Meg said...

OMG, I told Jill to drink a box of wine...you'll have to give her some advice on "the good boxes" so she'll know where to get started. You crack me up.
Ok, so I just scrolled down and read Jill's comment. Ugh, she beat me to it! Just so ya know...I don't "drink" the box wine, I just prescribe it.
BTW, I always do that with the water and the fridge...yes, more than once :) !

Marathonman101108 said...

Hey, you better change your "About Me" to the new first marathon you're running! Sorry, but I just noticed it and am having an ADD moment! I hope your 16 miler goes/went well today. Based on yours and other comments, I'm glad I have a water cooler so I don't have "issues" when I need to get a glass of water! (Except when I pull the glass away as I'm filling it)

Jesse said...

Box wine is definitely a Missouri thing. I had never heard of such a thing before moving here. It has yet to grace my lips though, something about it just seems inherently wrong.

Only 65 days to go? Wow, that's coming up fast.

Anne said...

Something tells me you will do great on your first marathon! About the blond moments...I think we all have them, especially if we're tired or trying to do too many things at once :)

Running Through Life said...

Love the box wine.