Monday, February 15, 2010

Still Clean.

I did my 16 miler on Saturday, it was less then stellar, but I made it. My legs actually felt pretty decent, but the trail conditions were what could only be described as “icky”. It was a half way decent day out, a little cloudy and a little windy, but I could deal with that; it was all of the snow and mud on the trail that threw me for a loop. I don’t know why I was surprised that there was snow on the trail, I mean, it is Colorado, it is February, and it did snow a little earlier in the week. I guess I just expected the trail to magically clear itself or something. The sad thing is that I bought a pair of Yaktraxs last week and being the idiot that I am, didn’t even think to bring them.

Now some of you might be wondering what became of my new white tennis shoes that I posted about last week with all of the mud/snow (I’m sure you aren’t, but let’s pretend for a moment shall we?). Well, let me assure you that my new Brooks Adrenaline are still clean and white and new. I may have forgotten my Yaktraxs, but I brought my old shoes along with me just in case there was mud. I’ve got my priorities straight.

Total mileage for last week was 30 miles. This week is rest and recovery. THANK GOODNESS, because I am tired. I’ve only got three runs total on my schedule, two swims, and a couple of easy bikes.

Alright folks, I’ll be checking in with you all shortly. I’m way behind on blogging due to work and NO; I don’t get President’s Day off! BOO!

20 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so sorry my A.D.D. is rubbing off on you and you're forgetting things. I'm so proud of your 16er and your pace - you are going to crank out an amazing CO marathon, I have no doubt!! xo

Jamoosh said...

Oh come on - what better way to break in a new pair of shoes than in the mud!

Jesse said...

You can't keep forgetting the Yaktrax, I want to know how well they work!

TX Runner Mom said...

I had a messy trail run this weekend too...and I wore my old shoes. I don't mind getting my newer shoes dirty, but muddy is another story. :-)

Katie A. said...

I DON'T GET THIS POINTLESS HOLIDAY OFF EITHER!! Can you tell I'm peeved about it :)
Great job on getting the miles done! You are coming back - watch out!!

Julie said...

Hi Tara,
Thank God for a pair of old shoes:) Great job on your sixteen miler...maybe I will attempt a sixteen miler on Saturday. I love my Yaktrax and would be lost without them:) I did get today off but only because my little guy's daycare was closed. Usually I have Wednesdays off and I like it better that way:) Have a great week Tara!!

ShutUpandRun said...

Good for you getting in the 16 miler. I barely scraped by with 12 (as you saw on my blog). Aren't you over this weather???

Tricia said...

great job on the run!

Meg said...

Nice mileage this week and cool 16 miles down!! So sad you didn't dirty-up the new shoes, they like mud but it's painful to see them get dirty, I know. Especially when they cost so much $$! Hope you have a fun week!

ajh said...

I worked President's Day too but I am one day closer to vacation! (Four more days!)

Slomohusky said...

sorry about not having the day off. even though you are running less this week, still sounds like busy athletic week for ya. keep kickin!

Marathonman101108 said...

I'm with you in not wanting to get new shoes muddy too quickly. Same thing with the trail run and being in denial. I've done that plenty of times here in CT, believing that the paved trail I run on will have the snow magically melt away. It never happens. Great job on the 16 miler, and it's nice you get some down time. By the way, I'm off this entire week!

Anne said...

Wonderful job on the 16-miler, that is so much more than I've ever run so far!!! I'm totally getting yaktrax next year...although since we haven't had any snow here in Quebec for a while, I'm bound to need them all the way into May...maybe I should try and find a pair this year :)

ajh said...

http://taralovestorun.blogspot.com/

Jenn said...

You're funny! Way to save the shoes!! Priorities-yes!! Nice job on the 16! Gotta love wet muddy, snowy windy conditions!

Jennifer said...

Yea! Clean is good! You are so lucky to have nice trails. I would be happy to run in the mud! But all we have is pavement! Have a great rest week you deserve it!

Molly said...

you're rockin' the mileage!

which days are you counting more..the ones to the marathon or the ones to April 15th?!

ultrarunnerbrianphilpot said...

You have to love winter! Good job on your big run, you get a off week. I will not see a full week off till Dec!

Sunflower Kisses said...

Shoes are meant to get dirty. Go on, stomp around in mud ... :)

Sarah said...

How do you like your Adrenalines? I'm looking at possibly getting a pair soon. ;)