Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Run Test and a New Roller.

No long run for me this past weekend; I had my run test instead. I’m sure that you’ve heard me bitching, I mean talking about these tests before, they are just a way to give my coach a good picture of where I am at in my fitness and re-set my heart rate zones if necessary. I usually don’t like them because they hurt, but this one honestly wasn’t too bad. My coach said that this was my best test ever!
I think that it was my best test because I downloaded the song “I Will Survive” onto my IPod and played it over and over while doing the test. Lady GaGa’s songs made an appearance too. Whatever works.



Here I am with my brand new foam roller. I have molested the one at the gym for far too long. I felt dirty every time I used the one at the gym because I have seen people using that thing in ways that I won’t speak of on this blog, so I went and purchased my own. Rick couldn’t believe that I paid $20 for the thing and asked why I just didn’t get a piece of foam at Home Depot. I told him that this was weighted foam and that it was different. Of course, I got the old eye roll from him. Non runners…geesh.



I was given the Gorgeous Blogger Award by Molly of I'm A Sleeper Baker. I have to list 6 things about myself.

1.) I love to read. I would much rather sit down with a good book then watch TV any day.
2.) Munchos potato chips are my favorite chips EVER. My mom used to get them for me as stocking stuffers instead of candy when I was little. Anyone heard of them?
3.) I love to cook and would love to take cooking classes one day. (I didn’t say I was a good cook, just that I loved it). I love coming home from work and making dinner.
4.) I love the color pink. When I was little, I always wanted to live in a pink house and drive a pink car. I still love pink, but now I’m more of a hot pink person and I don’t want to live in a pink house. I also wear mostly black and don’t have too many pink clothes. Hmmm.
5.) I hated coloring as a kid, but I used to sit for hours on end drawing my own paper dolls. One time, I drew the whole series of the Little House on the Prairie girls. I had Mary and Laura from the time they were little kids up until they were adults.
6.) My grandma, mom, and sister love doing crafts and making crafty things. My grandma even used to have her own craft store. I would rather eat dog crap (not that I would ever do it) then spend any time doing anything crafty. How are people who are in the same family so different? I am the only one who loves running.

Ok! Slomo of Desert Rat Runner also tagged me to list 10 things that make me happy. I accepted that challenge and will update that one in my next post. My brain can only think of so much in one sitting.

Ok, work has been crazy, so I'm catching up on blogs tonight! See you soon.

23 comments:

Morgan said...

I don't even want to think about people using a foam roller at the gym! Glad you finally got your own! LOL! :)

I LOVE Muncho's too! I always forget about them though!

Jesse said...

I can only imagine the ways that people molest those rollers at the gym. Yuck.

Glad the run test went well.

Whitney said...

I love, love, love, LOVE my foam roller!

Slomohusky said...

Yikes! Guess that will join my list of reasons I never go to the gym anymore. I have yet try those chips. Yet, since it is lunchtime - those and any potato chips sound pretty darn good. I usual go with the brand that dares you to eat just one. I will keep trying till I win that dare.

Katie A. said...

You are a better woman than me! $20 for foam? I use my rolling pin! Tee hee :)
Work is awful busy for me too - I don't know how I am going to make it through 8 more weeks of tax season and Boston training - eek!
Have a great week!

Molly said...

I once ate so many Munchos that I puked. Love those things.

High five on your test run! A litte Gaga always makes it better!

Jill said...

Hola chica.....
Soooo, what was your mile time? Did you treadmill it or do it on the track? Details need to spew. Maybe on Sunday ;).

I bought me a blue Mr. Foamy Roller but I still use the one at the gym when I go there ... with my shorts ON but ewww, I never thought about what ELSE could be done with that thing. Now I'm going to have to give up my gym membership and stay inside for eternity :/. I'm glad your hubby didn't protest the new one ya got!

Lady GaGa was stuck in my brain for about 4 hours at 2am the other day. I hated her so much! I love that you love pink so much...we are totally friends!

So yeah, I'm still sick and today is probably the worst in a few days. Err. But I still plan on running Sunday, by golly!!!

Stay sane at work. Hugs to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have something new & crafty for you....I made my own kite this weekend using tissue paper, string, and straws. And it flies! I am going to make them with my kids using geometry terms after our standardized testing this spring & we are going to fly them. I actually thought of you when I was making it & wondered if you'd have the patience to sit down & do that...hehe. We are different, yet alike in so many ways...I mean have you seen my purse lately...spitting image of yours :) And get out of my way when I'm driving!!!!

And for the record, I wish I loved to run like you. I just hate it. I will stick to my kickboxing classes for now...

Miss you guys.

Jamoosh said...

Oh holy smokes - totally forgot about Munchos - they rock!

Julie said...

Hi Tara,
God I love your list!!! We have alot of things in common:) I love to read and cook, I have a closet full of black clothes and I am so not a crafty person:) I love it when bloggers post little bits and pieces about them personally. I feel like I got to know you better and that is awesome:) I can't wait for the list of ten things that make you happy!! I hope that you are having a fantastic day Tara!! Thanks for sharing:)

Danna said...

Just stumbled on your blog- the foam roller comments made me laugh. Love it. True- non-runners just don't understand! Love- Danna
www.sherunslikeagirl.blogspot.com

Meg said...

Our house looks like a dang gym with all of our foam rollers laying around...maybe we should start our own rehab facility! If the rollin' gets easy, switch up the white one for a black one...OUCH, they are really hard and nasty! Talk about molesting :) oneself...
I'm sure I'd eat a ton of Munchos because chips are my favorite, they are SO healthy too. Yum.
Have a fun week!

ajh said...

I'm with you on #1. I would rather read a book than watch tv. I also love pink! LOL at your foam roller comments.

Marathonman101108 said...

Congrats on the "best test ever." $20 for a foam roller? Hey, as a runner I believe if you need it, it's worth the cost. I mean, look at how much we pay for running shoes. If Rick (I like his name) gives you any more lip service about the roller, whack him with it. OK, I was only kidding, but you can at least threaten to whack him with it! Happy rolling...

ultrarunnerbrianphilpot said...

Good job on the run test! I need a foam roller.

Jennifer said...

I have to get me one of those. Between my stretching an the 'Stick" I have been OK but a new gadget is always fun! Happy to here your test went well!

saundra said...

My spouse does not get the foam roller either, but it's worth every penny I spent on it- which was more than $20 BTW!
Are you HR Zone training for your marathon? Tell me more, I'm intrigued.

Sarah said...

I'm a big reader too! ;) Always happy to get good recommendations if you read something good too.

Now I want a foam roller. I probably need one!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

i haven't heard of those chips strange, are they a COMO product?

fitinthecity said...

I'm wanting to get my own roller. I just started using the one at the gym not too long ago and I love it but dread it at the same time!

Running Through Life said...

Tara,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think I will have to check out the Munchos. They must be pretty damn good!

kristen said...

drawing paper dolls is crafty! but your right. I'd rather eat dirt than do something crafty.

Good music *always* makes a difference for me too!

Staci Dombroski said...

One of my favorite things to do it read too! Glad you do not have to molest the foam roller anymore and have your own. Have a great weekend!!!