Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Ray of Sunshine and OMG...Heidi!



I received the Sunshine Award from two bloggers out there: AJH at Age Group Rocks and Katie at One Run At a Time. Thanks guys! I appreciate your little ray of “bloggie love”.

Now, I’m supposed to pass the award along to 12 bloggers. I realized that this award has been racing through the bloggie world, so if you’ve already been given the award, you obviously don’t have to pass it along again, just know that I enjoy all of your supportive comments and I appreciate that you take time out of your day to visit my blog. Actually thank you to everyone who visits the blog

Molly at I’m a Sleeper Baker
Jill at Run with Jill
Slomo at Desert Rat Runner
Beth at Shut Up and Run
Jesse at Run to the Border
Jennifer at The Running Artist
Meg at Meg Runs
Tx Runner Mom
Jamoosh at Das Mixture
Steve and Kathleen at Happy Trails
Lisa at Lisa Runs? Wait…What?
Julie at Julie's Running Blog

At lunch yesterday, I was reading an article about that Heidi girl from that reality show (I don’t watch reality TV, so I have no idea what show it is) that had the 10 plastic surgery procedures last fall all in one day. You know which girl I’m talking about? Well, the article was about how she didn’t get her boobs as big as she had wanted them, so she was ready to do another surgery for a second boob job. OMG! WTH? She already went from like an A to a triple F or something. What is her goal here? She was quoted as saying “We all want to feel attractive, so who is anyone to judge me?”



Now, none of us are completely happy with our bodies. I can honestly say that I will never have any type of plastic surgery, it’s just not worth it, I don’t care how saggy my butt is, but I don’t judge people who go under the knife to get that little needed confidence boost. If that’s what it takes to ease some insecurities about yourself; well then, go for it. I do however, feel horribly sorry for this young 23 year old girl who seems to be SO insecure with herself that she feels she needs to have multiple things done in order to live up to some sort of perfect body image. It’s very sad. What is she going to do when she gets in her 30’s and 40’s and things REALLY start sagging? OMG.

18 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

I know. She's an idiot. She is now officially completed made of plastic and saline. One big boob.

Thanks for the sunny award!!!!!! See you soon I hope

Lisa said...

Sorry but she is just UGLY and no amount of plastic surgery will help her.

Thanks for the tag!

Molly said...

thanks for the ray of sunshine!

I hate how I know all about Heidi without even trying...she looked so much better without all that surgery. I'll go for a miracle wrinkle cream if I need to, but that's where I draw the line!

Jamoosh said...

And suddenly - more sun! Thanks.

Heidi Mongolodian = this is what happens when you are on a fake reality show.

Julie said...

Hi Tara,
This Minnesota girl loves you Tara!! Thank you so much!! You are so sweet:) You just let the sunshine into my crappy Thursday:)

Whitney said...

Have just found your blog and am loving it! Winter running is crappy - luckily no snow on the ground here in Utah!

P.S. Heidi is a psycho-hose-beast.

Slomohusky said...

I will take the tag. It is number two for this one though. I wish I could tag back all the great warm 70 degree SUN we are having today in Vegas though. Great day out here.

I know what you mean on the body augmentations. I have known two women friends who have made changes. They both went well for them and they said they would do it again years afterwards. Yet, somehow, when you see someone doing more than one or two adjustments to things - you just kinda wonder? Especially when it goes to these extremes. Yikes!

kristen said...

It's insane. She's nuts! No amount of plastic surgery will fix the real issue.

I judge her big time, but I judge everybody ;)

Katie A. said...

Oh, I'll go ahead and judge away! She is crazy to think surgery will ever fix her body enough to be happy! So sad, actually maybe I shouldn't judge but instead send some good thoughts her way so that she can see it's so unneccessary!
Happy Thursday!!!

Jill said...

I don't know who this Heidi chick is either as I also don't watch TV, but wowzie....I bet Olympic swimmer/runner/triathlon man from the pool would stop checking you out and give her way more attention if she swam with us on Sunday's, huh? Maybe those thingies will help keep her afloat!!!

Meg said...

Thanks for the *love* Tara! I TOTALLY agree with you on Hollow Heidi, I feel so sorry for her. She is SO young and SO insecure. I blame her LAME husband too! If I had the $$ for plastic surgery, I'd spend it on traveling instead! What a waste of $$.

ajh said...

Crazy crazy lady.

TX Runner Mom said...

Congrats on the award and thank you for passing it on! OMG, Heidi was so cute before and now she just looks really weird. What a moron!!!

Clair said...

Hi, Found you by way of my friend Beth... They say it's what's on the inside that counts and she stinks unless saline comes in lavendar flavors. Work with what we have the changes will be authentic. Gotta run! I'll be back

fitandfortysomething said...

I love your blog and what a great topic. I know totally crazy girl. What ever happened to learn to love what you have?

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the blogger award! I love sunshine! I will pass the torch in my next posting later this week. You are so right about the body image thing. Unfortunately plastic surgery doesn't fix the inside.

ultrarunnerbrianphilpot said...

I will take little tiny boobs over fake anyday.

Christy said...

That's too bad. Her face was much prettier before the surgery. Way to mess up something good, Heidi!