Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Little REI Shopping Spree.

Hi All! I must first apologize for blog slacking lately. I need to catch up on EVERYONE'S posts. I blame it on work, it has been busy again. The Auditor's have arrived in full force. They are like cockroaches coming out of the woodwork and they seem to breed and multiply. You turn down one hallway and there they are, so you rush into another hallway to avoid them and low and behold, there are more of them! I promise to catch up soon.

I went shopping this weekend. REI heard me coming and opened their doors wide open. Here, I am trying to model my new Brooks Adrenaline GTS 10. My daughter took the picture and you can’t see my feet very well because it is too dark. You can however, see my dog getting ready to lick my sweaty legs (I had just gotten off my treadmill) and the sweat stains under my arm pits. I am wearing a wife beater, so the pit stains are fitting.



Here is a better picture of my new shoes! I love getting new tennis shoes…so white and clean. I should have done a better job of hiding those sweaty arm pits, however.



This is my new shower curtain. I just threw this in here; obviously not running related. I also went to Bed Bath and Beyond.



I picked up some new Yak Traks to run in the snow. We have hardly gotten any snow this year, so when the forecast this past weekend called for snow, I rushed out to purchase a pair. We only got a measly 3 inches, so they’ll probably stay in the box.


I also picked up the Prefontaine book, “The Story of America’s Greatest Running Legend”. Has anyone read this yet? The last running book that I read was Dean Karnazes book “50 Marathons in 50 Days” and it was wonderful; I hope this one is just as good.


I got my 14 miler in last weekend! It felt great (of course, I ran it pretty slow) and I got to run with Jill! She was doing her 20 miler and we ran a little over 10 miles together. It was fun and the miles went by very quickly. Plus she showed me all of the great bathroom stops on my favorite running route.

25 comments:

Morgan said...

You are too cute, sweaty pits and all! :)

Great buys!

Jesse said...

Oh how I miss REI.
You'll have to let us know how the yaktrax work out for you, if you get to use them this year.

Lisa said...

14 miles girl! Wow, you have recovered nicely.

Great pics. I have never bought anything at REI. Must check it out since it's next door to my gym.

Slomohusky said...

Growing up in Seattle, the home of REI I was a frequent shopper for back packing and hiking needs. They have taken a lot of my hard earned money over the years. Always well spent though.

Tara, cute pix, but man your toooo skinny!! :) Find a plate of chili fries now :)! You can share them with the auditors. I am sure it could be a write off that way? :)

TX Runner Mom said...

Great pics! Way to go on the 14-miler!

Julie said...

Hi Tara,
Welcome back! How come everyone is going shopping but me? I love your new shoes and shower curtain!! Good job on your 14 miler!! I agree with Morgan...for someone who just got done running so many miles you still look super cute:) I want your toned legs...why does everyone have super sexy toned legs but me? I want super sexy toned legs too!!!! Have a fabulous day Tara!!

ShutUpandRun said...

Why do dogs love the taste of sweat so much? Probably the same reason that poop tastes good to them. Nice new kicks for you!!! I am only up to 12 miles b/c of my damn foot, but training is going well, glad yours is too.

Jen said...

Great job... and we are shoe twins!

Katie A. said...

Love the pics, sweaty pits and all! And yes, I live for new shoes, is apparrent by the number I own :)
Hope work calms down soon! Mine is just gearing up :(

Ange said...

Colorado is low on snow too?? so is Maine. It's sad. Great job on your long run though. Love shopping for new running stuff...
just found your blog!

Thomas said...

Nice shoes! :) Be interested in your thoughts about 'Pre'.

Jamoosh said...

Nothin' better than new shoes!

ajh said...

No REIs around here. Looks like you scored. Brooks Adreneline are my shoes too! I am about to switch to a new pair.

Jill said...

Nice pits there, lady! I was looking at that shower curtain and thinking, "I don't remember REI selling shower curtains when I worked there..." but what a brilliant idea if they did cuz we all get sweaty pits from all their gear and need to shower after. Just thinking out loud. I like your new stuff. I'm going to lose a thousand lbs and then I might look okay in those shorts. As soon as I get better. Cuz I'm sick right now and eating ice cream.

Jill said...

Oh, and you're welcome for the bathroom stop tour. I know all the great places to lolly-gag!! :)

ultrarunnerbrianphilpot said...

PRE rocks! Nice shoes, I like brooks. I don't like yak traks, screws are cheaper and last longer. If you hit a lot of roads, yaks will wear down fast. Yaks will catch on stumps and other things on trails. But try them you might like them, you never know.

HappyTrails said...

I love REI, Bed Bath & Beyond, and finding the secret stash of bathroom stops - wow! what a weekend you had!
It must be a universal doggie fetish-our dog chases me around trying to get to my sweaty legs after a ride or a run - not so much Steve - I think Sage doesn't like hairy legs - go figure! :-) Great job on your 14 miler. Hey, have you ever tried screw shoes? They work great in snow and icy conditions.
Kathleen

Meg said...

You are a tiny little thing, have you given up the beer and tater tots again? Nice shoes and shower curtain, I love buying things for the house!
I'm so glad you're running with Jill, I think all of you Co. girls need to plan a huge group run with a wine/beer stop afterwards and take pictures!

M2Marathon said...

Hmmm, I like Meg's CO runner chick suggestion...count me in!

I completely love a good dog tonguebath so I don't have to actually shower after a run....

And nice new kicks.

Molly said...

Oh how I wish we had an REI nearby, nice job with the 14 miler!

You look like a skinny mini in your pics, but a strong skinny mini!

your dog continues to crack me up.

Christina said...

I love REI!

My brother got a job in Erie and moved from Phoenix to Erie the day after Thanksgiving. Living in snow is a new experience for him.

Kristin said...

Nothing beats shopping! I love the Yaktrax, I use them for hiking as well.

e410 said...

Congrats on the 14 miler!!! I can't wait to get back up to those distances again. It's weird, ya know, once you do an 18-er and a 20-er, anything sub 10 doesn't feel like a long run (well, except if you're hella outta shape and 9 miles kicks your butt - like it has been recently for me). Which marathon are you training for right now? Any races in the near future?

Mel-2nd Chances said...

I'm so behind on reading too.... sigh. Yay for retail therapy, make sure to let us know how the book is!

fitinthecity said...

Oh I miss REI :( Great job on the run!