Monday, January 25, 2010

Recap



Well, I’m definitely not getting any points on creativity for my title this week. Sometimes, I just get tired of coming up with titles; I think I’ll just start naming them all “Post” or “Update”.

Sunday, I met fellow blogger Jill for a 5 mile run; I was so excited to get to meet her in person! We met at the trail head and realized that her camera battery was just about dead and my memory card was full, so we were lucky to even get one photo out of the whole deal. I actually stole the photo that I have posted on my blog off of her blog because I looked like a tard in both of the ones on my camera. We asked a couple of hikers to take our picture and I’m sure that they thought we were nuts for wanting to have our picture taken when the wind was howling and it was so cold, but we HAD TO GET A PICTURE FOR THE BLOGS! We of course didn’t tell them this.

We had a great run and I really enjoyed our time together; even though I felt like my lungs were being beaten to death due to the temperature. Jill is an extremely interesting person and I can’t wait to run with her again. We actually found out that we live really close to each other and have access to the same fitness center, so I would love to meet her there for some strength training or a treadmill run some night.

Don’t you love the blogger world? I would have probably never have met this new friend had it not been for our blog connection.

I haven’t posted a gratitude list in awhile, so I think that it is time.

1.) I am thankful that I am not sick like I was last week.
2.) I am thankful for my local market; I went shopping this weekend and got some GREAT organic fruits and veggies.
3.) I am thankful that I have met a new friend and not just ANY new friend, but a friend who runs! How great is that?
4.) I am thankful that there is a batch of home made vegetable stew waiting for me at home. No cooking tonight!
5.) I am thankful that spring is only a couple of months away. I am SO ready.

BTW-Thanks for all of your supportive comments on my last post. You know, the one where I was freaking out over the fact that I had posted a comment on that woman's blog who hates me? I felt much better after hearing you guys say that I took the high road and my even my husband said that it wasn't worth worrying about. What's done is done and I'll probably never visit her blog again anyway. The good news is, I commented with my profile hidden, so that SHE can't visit my blog.

20 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

So cool you got to meet Jill. I want to go next time. I can even take your picture. Glad you are feeling better....

Julie said...

Hi Tara,
Great post today and I love the picture! You both look so happy and like you have freinds for years:) How awesome for you and Jill to finally meet!

Slomohusky said...

Wow Tara. Somehow I missed that whole thing about the blog comment. Sorry. I hope it was not a link from my blog?

Glad you and Jill got to hook up. Small world. Sorry about the lungs for that run though. Are they okay now?

Jill said...

Oooh, thanks for the very nice comments about me :). I'm sure as I was venting my ex-trainer and his psychotic gf story, you were thinking, "WTH did I get mixed up with??!!??" But it appears you like to vent, too; we are so alike - haha.

I wish I had stew on the stove but NO, I don't so off to go make dinner. I ran 8 tonight at CC and about froze to death, but I think some of that was cuz I was still frozen from yesterday. Can't wait to catch up for a run again soon. And we'll call Beth next time :).

Thanks, Tara :)

Molly said...

sounds like a fun blog date! Your talk about taking a photo for the blogs cracked me up. I'm going to have to check out Jills' blog!

Molly said...

btw, I don't know how I missed that last part about the scary blog lady, but don't sweat it, that's the point of blogs, to help settle your brain when it's bugging out!

ajh said...

So jealous you got to run with a bloggy friend! Enjoy it lots for the rest of us!

Happy Feet 26.2 said...

Finding new running buddies - it's the BEST. good times

Meg said...

Oh, you're so lucky to have met Jilliete!! How fun was that?!? Your picture is very cute, by the way!
I hope your stew was yummy and yipee for spring!

Jennifer said...

You got to meet Jill, that is so cool! BTW I love the picture you guys look so cute and you look cold too! New friends are great, new running friends are priceless! Glad you are feeling better!!

kristen said...

Very cool. I always ask people to take my picutre and I never bother telling him I need it so I can put it on my blog. that sounds so dumb doesn't it?!

That's awesome you guys are pretty close to each other. That can definilty come in handy on some of the longer runs. You know, the ones where you get so sick of yourself inside your own head that you start questioning why you have any freinds to begin with.

Have a great week girl.

Katie A. said...

I know you have heard this already, but I am wicked jealous you two got to meet up and run together! Ugh! I need some new running peeps, or any running peeps! I'm lonely! (did I say that out loud? Oh god, gonna have to delete this one!)
J/K! I don't know how I missed your last post, but don't sweat it. That person is a moron if they don't like you - you are the better person!
Love the gratitude list, I need to do that! Happy Tuesday buddy! :)

Lisa said...

Why does every blogger I follow have a running blog buddy and I don't? I don't get it. Boo hoo :(

Very cool that you met Jill and have a running buddy now.

Julia said...

Haha, I know what you mean about the post titles. I should just start naming them "a" "b" "c" and so on! :)

I love your gratitude list :) Now I am craving stew

Marathonman101108 said...

Isn't it great meeting a fellow blogger? As far as titles, I think this one should have been "Fun With Tara and Jill." Oh, never mind! I need to go read your post about commenting on the woman's blog who hates you!

kristen said...

Shame on you for saying Peyton is going to stomp on NO so you just going to root for them. What an AWFUL reason!

....AND correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what 90% of America though that jackass Farve was going to do and well.....

Just sayin.

Tara said...

Kristen - It's on now girl! FYI-I left you a comment on your blog. May the best team win. GO COLTS!

kristen said...

Oh snap. It's on like donkey kong biatch!!

I totally agree! that would be a blast. But....we could still wager....something like....a $10 gift card to REI?

That's only if you *really* believe in the colts.....

kristen said...

Virtual handsake.

Jamie said...

How fun! I wish I had some bloggy friends to run with.