Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Even the Kitchen Sink......

There's a lot of random stuff going on in this post; I apologize for that. I just don't know when I will be able to post these days since I am still in Accountant hell right now. Year end is busy and we are trying to get ready for the audits. Any Auditors out there? I do not like you much right now.

I did my 8 mile run this weekend. I felt great throughout the whole run and my lungs felt strong. The weather on Saturday was in the 50's and I even thought about wearing shorts. I'm glad that I didn't; midway through the run, I dropped a large amount of gel on my pants and it bounced off my knee and landed on my shoe. I seem to have issues taking gels while running, half the time they end up in my hair or all over my face. Anyway, I stopped to try and clean up, because I didn't want a bunch of bugs and hair clinging to the sticky mess, and grabbed a handful of snow to wipe up my knee and shoe. The point of all this rambling is that I'm really glad that I didn't wear shorts, the snow would have been cold against my bare skin. Yes, all of that to tell you why I was glad I didn't wear shorts. Aren't you glad you checked out my post today?

I finally got my t-shirt in the mail from the San Antonio marathon. Yes, the one that I couldn't run in. I am proudly wearing my $110 t-shirt below. I figure that I trained for the damn thing, even making it to a 20 miler before my October "issues", so I'm going to get my monies worth out of the t-shirt.



I thought that I would get a closer view of the shirt, but you still can't read it very well.



Two great giveaways that I wanted to mention. Tricia at Endurance Isn't Only Physical is giving away a mini sport belt and Molly at I'm a Sleeper Baker is giving away some Sweetriot Chocolate Nibs. I've never tried them, but they are chocolate, so sign me up.

Last, but certainly not least, I was tagged by Saundra at Fitness For Foodies to list out 10 Things That Make Me Happy, so here goes:

1.) My family is, without a doubt, number one
2.) My dog; she’s just too cute. I love going on walks with my husband, daughter, and the dog.
3.) Running. Duh……
4.) My road and mountain bikes. A good mountain bike ride on a great spring day is awesome!
5.) Running on a perfect spring morning when there is no one out yet, but me and my thoughts.
6.) Did I mention that I really like spring weather???
7.) Sitting on a patio somewhere with my hubby, watching the sun set, and drinking a really good beer.
8.) Beer in general. Again…duh.
9.) Finishing a great long run and knowing that I gave it everything that I had and left it all out there. There is no greater feeling.
10.) Did I mention that I really like spring weather? It will be 60 degrees today. Can someone say….RUN!

Ok. I'm done with my rambling. Hope everyone has a great week of training. I think that I have about a 100 posts to catch up on. See you soon!

21 comments:

Jamoosh said...

I often use non-run race shirts for painting shirts!

HEATHER @ runfastermommy! said...

stray sports gel is never fun! I had one explode in my shorts pocket during a race, mid july. ewww!

Katie A. said...

No more auditing for this chica! Good luck - my hell is approaching soon :(
Aw, dogs, beer and hubbs, we are sooo much a like! Happy Tuesday girly!

saundra said...

Finally!!! A female runner who admits to drinking beer!!!

Slomohusky said...

No, not an auditor myself, but I know two. I can go kick them in the shin for you if you like? Trust me it will be okay. I am good friends with one of them so he pretty much deserves it just for that. :)

Great looking $110 T though. Yeah, 60 today, you better out for at least 6 miles of that!!

ESH said...

60 degrees?! Jealous! I also love Spring running and beer. I especially love Spring running immediately followed with a beer! Enjoy the warmth!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the 8 miles! Yea. Love the shirt, you deserve it.

Molly said...

that's awesome that your lungs felt so strong for that long run...sorry I had to laugh at the gel story....

thanks for the giveaway shout out!

M2Marathon said...

LOL, I TOTALLY wear my Denver Marathon t-shirt--the one I didn't get to run either. I am just waiting for the day when someone says, "oh you ran Denver last year? How did you do?" and I will need to decide whether I a) let on that yes I am poseur who wears the shirt for a race she didn't do (and then subsequently go into the whole broken foot wahwah story) or b) just make some sh%t up (like say "oh, I think my time on that one was a little slow; about 3:10") and walk away while they stand there awestruck at my superior running skillz.

ShutUpandRun said...

I have a shirt JUST like that! Glad you got in your 8 miler. I did 7. I'm getting my confidence back finally...good luck with all the work stuff. Use your shirt to clean up the gel on your shoe.

Jill said...

I just heard on the radio in the car on KBCO today that men think women who drink beer are super sexy - so there ya go :). I love beer, too. Light beer, of course! I wore shorts on my long run Sunday, I can't wear pants unless it's below 25 degrees but the wind around the reservoir was wicked and made it seem chiller. Glad you had pants on though for that little spill. Happy Accounting :).

ajh said...

I would echo your thoughts about spring but substitue the word fall. Fall is what rocks my world! I love the cool crisp days, the changing leaves and even the start of the school year. I laughed at your glad you didn't wear shorts explanation! Wear the shirt a lot! It wasn't cheap!

RunToTheFinish said...

you earned that shirt!!

maybe you should switch to chomps? I've never had gu issues like that, but I rarely use them

HappyTrails said...

Ah, yes, 60 degrees was a beautiful thing today! Glad you felt good on your run - sounds like things are looking good for your training. I agree that running (trail) is awesome but my road and mt bikes make me smile, too. Spring is lovely but Fall wins out. Too bad it precedes winter! :-)

Meg said...

I love it that running and beer got the duh's on your happy list. You crack me up! I love your $110 shirt, it was totally worth it AND you didn't even have to run to get it, yeah!! Now, the next one you'll have to run your fanny off to get and I'm sure you're totally excited about that! Brrrr to the snow and shorts, glad you didn't wear shorts!!

chris mcpeake said...

mmmmmm.... beer

ultrarunner (Brian Philpot) said...

Ya, that's a good list for a female runner we need more of you!! The shirt is cool!

Christy said...

I'd wear that $110 shirt for the rest of my life...wear it with pride girl!

ajh said...

I have tagged you since my comment earlier. Go to my post please to see what it is about.

http://wwwagegroupsrock.blogspot.com/2010/01/wednesdays-10-happy-things.html

Kristin said...

I'm in work hell too, hang in there. Nice job training through it! Try a gel flask :)

TX Runner Mom said...

Sorry about the work hell. We have auditors here now and I know the accounting folks are going crazy! And no fair with your 60 degree temps...it's been crazy cold here for the past week - yuk!