Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm A Glutton

I’m sure that you’ve heard the saying “crap in = crap out” or “garbage in = garbage out”. In other words, don’t be a glutton or your athletic performance could suffer. Well since I have a valid reason for the decrease in my athletic performance, I have been eating more then the usual share of crap. Below, I am demonstrating my ability to consume large amounts of crap by being a glutton and ordering two desserts at my work Christmas party. If work is paying, then I’m going all out. I have Cupcake Collision on my right and Red Velvet cake on my left. ‘Tis the season!

I'm laughing so hard that I can't eat, which is possible a good thing.



Once the new year rolls around, I’m going to have to start adhering to the healthy, wholesome food diet again because I should be able to start ramping my training back up and pushing myself more. I had another CT Scan on my lungs on Wednesday and the blood clots in my lungs have officially dissolved. Good riddance to them. My doctor says that I still have a lot of dead lung tissue, which will never regenerate, but eventually other parts of my lungs will compensate for the dead parts. In the meantime, he says that I will just have to push through the pain when I run or bike. I have a stress echo on my heart next Tuesday and if all goes well there, then it’s officially game on for my spring marathon training.

I celebrated the good news by doing hills on my treadmill last night. I did an easy warm up and then gradually increased the incline over the next 20 minutes. I ran for about 45 minutes and it felt great to climb those hills! Yes, I'm not only a glutton for food, but I'm a glutton for punishment too.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I will be catching up on blogs tonight. I tried to read your posts last night and realized that my wireless keyboard needed the batteries changed. I couldn’t leave comments! I hate not leaving comments.

15 comments:

Jamoosh said...

What! No cheesecake? If you're goin' down, you may as well go down hard!

Jill said...

Omg, those desserts are to die for. I heart red velvet cake - yum-E!!!! I agree, is work's paying, you gotta go for it all! Hope you're enjoying these nice, sunshiny days in Denver....a far cry from last week!!!

Slomohusky said...

If the boss or company is paying - EAT UP! You deserve it!

Happy to hear your CT looks good.

Merry Christmas!

Morgan said...

Girl I hear ya! I need to clean up my diet STAT!

So glad to hear the good news! Yay for hills! :)

Lisa said...

Great news Tara about the clots!

Katie A. said...

So glad you are doing better! Yay! What day is the echo? I wanna be sending lots of good vibes your way that day!!!
Enjoy it while you can, I am too, 'cuz January 1st it's on like Donkey Kong for my diet!
Happy Friday! :)

Molly said...

'Tis the season, so I say enjoy it....which you obviously are! : )

Happy to hear the clots are finally all gone!

Jamie said...

I hear you on the food! I just keep on eating :)

Glad to hear you are clot free! Excellent news!

Meg Runs said...

Go Tara! Two desserts...yumm! Actually that's motivating right? It will just inspire you to work hard when you get out there, I think they call it "negative determinism" or something. I TOTALLY agree with it, especially when it comes to dessert eating and running. Plus, it's the holidays so we're technically supposed to eat anything and everything...keep on living and enjoying life!!

HappyTrails said...

Mmmmmm - I would have loved to help you eat those desserts!!! Glad you are doing better and will be looking forward to good test results, followed by Game On!
K

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you were having a blast! My diet is always baaaad at this time of year! Have a great holiday!

Jesse said...

Glad the scan came back clear.

Oh, and a little word of advice on eating Red Velvet Cake: eating some is ok, eating a lot is not a smart decision - when you take in that much red food dye, it needs to come out somewhere. If you eat mass quantities of red velvet cake, the next time you use the restroom you may or may not start panicking because you think your intestines are bleeding out. Then you may or may not call in your significant other to examine the evidence (because you think you're about to die), only to start laughing hysterically when you realize it's from the cake. I'm just saying.

Tara said...

Jesse that's hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

Tricia said...

Yum, yum yum!

Congrats on the good news on your CT :)

TX Runner Mom said...

Good to hear about those blood clots! Yuuummmm, two desserts...we could be good friends!