Friday, November 6, 2009

TGIF and a New Running Store!



There is a new running store opening in my area! It’s the Boulder Running Company and I couldn’t be more excited! This is a great store; I’ve popped into the Boulder location and was really impressed with it.

Now, I’m not a huge fan of shopping. I hate the mall; keep me far, far away from anywhere where there are just people casually strolling around with no where to be. When I go shopping, I have a purpose and that’s usually to get my shit and get the heck out of the store very quickly. I don’t mess around. I do however, enjoy going to running stores, maybe a little too much. My husband and I were reviewing our credit card statement recently and most of the charges were for either groceries or REI. He just looked at me incredulously, I’m sure thinking, how is it possible for one person to spend so much time and money at the REI? I pointed out all of the Home Depot charges and he seemed to understand. The sad thing is I can’t quite remember what I bought there. I know that I bought a new fuel belt for my 18 and 20 milers and a new Nike swimsuit, but I can’t remember the rest of the charges. (My birthday is on Monday and I’ve asked for a free for all at either the REI or the new Boulder Running Store.)

Does anyone else get all crazy at the local running stores? Or am I the only freak….ok, don’t answer that.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend. I’m planning on doing a run and maybe a bike ride this weekend. We are also going to go see the musical “Wicked”. I can’t wait!!

19 comments:

Slomohusky said...

Yeah! For "A" running store of any sort. I live in a desert when it comes to such things. REI - is a must of life. How could life exist without it? Okay it can, but I know it is a better life for one and all everytime you walk inside.

Molly said...

I'm not a big shopper either, not even in a running store! I still wear jeans and tops that are five years old. Lame.

On a side note, my sister is a nurse, and she's in Boulder right now interviewing at the Children's Hospital. Hopefully it works out so I can finally take a trip to Colorado!

Lisa said...

Well we have Roadrunner Sports here and while I would love to buy a bunch of stuff there, everything is so flippn' expensive that I don't. I get my running shoes there and that's it. I resort to TJ Maxx and the like for my running clothes.

Morgan said...

I only allow myself to visit Track Shack once a month because I go all nutty! :)

Jennifer said...

I hear ya on the shopping thing, but running and bike shops are like heaven! Have to leave my wallet in the car! Have a great weekend and run safe!

Jenn said...

I LOVE LOVE running stores! Fortunately, we don't have on in our town. Enjoy "Wicked"!!

Meg Runs said...

I love the smell of a running store! I mostly like the tiny running stores around our area, they people who work there are like family and they always have the latest advice and are so helpful!

Jamoosh said...

Oh yeah. My wife and I almost always hit the running store in any city we visit just to see what we can see (and buy...)

Steve & Kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HappyTrails said...

Oh yes!!! Running stores, bike stores, and anything similar to an REI - those are our tourist attractions when we travel! Looking at gear is like being in heaven...

RunToTheFinish said...

i think we are all total workout gear freaks. I don't like to shop either, but a running store or dick's sporting goods...i'm in trouble

Jill said...

I live not too far from the new Boulder Running Co, too! Will haev to hit it up this week. I'm sure I NEED something :). I used to work for 4 years at the REI by Park Meadows; I had to quit because every paycheck, I owned them money :). I may go back over the holidays, just cuz the discount is amazing! I don't like Dicks or SA much but they do have good coupons now and then!

Chad said...

Very cool! It sounds like they took care of you there. Runner's Den is the place to shop in Phoenix.

ShutUpandRun said...

Hey we were at Wicked in Denver on Sunday. When did you go??? I LOVE running/outdoor stores. Spend way too much money there. I often go to the BRC in Boulder, great that you have one close to you now!!!

Jamie said...

I love running stores! my husband gets so annoyed b/c even if I don't need anything I just walk around to check everything out.

Hope you had a great weekend and enjoyed Wicked!

TX Runner Mom said...

Oh yes, I'd much rather shop in a running store than anywhere else! Too bad they don't sell clothes I can wear to work there. Enjoy Wicked...it's one of my absolute favorites!!!

ShutUpandRun said...

So funny, we were at that same matinee. I was probaby sitting next to you. Wish we had known ahead of time. It was GREAT! I got all teary at the end.

kristen said...

I don't go crazy at my running store only because I'm already there 3 times a week for my running group. Otherwise, I'm sure I would. The Nike clearance store - that's where I go nuts!

Jesse said...

I've actually never been inside a running store in the state of Missouri - I should go sometime. I have, however, went to the Boulder Running Company in Boulder earlier this year and was quite impressed. It would be very bad if one opened up nearby.