Friday, November 20, 2009

Random Crap


This post is about nothing. I’m just throwing out a short post so that I can get my gratitude list in for the week, so feel free to skip my babbling and get right to the gratitude list.

We had a pre thanksgiving feast at work today and I am so full of food, desserts, and basically crap that I can’t stand it. I’m not used to eating that much sugar at one time, so I’m crashing hard; hence the blogging to stay awake (the balance sheet reconciliations weren’t doing it for me). My co-workers always have a good time goading me into eating junk food because they like to see how much food that I can consume. I have this thing with cake icing (I could eat a whole tub of vanilla frosting in one sitting), so people’s birthdays are always a treat for them. Everyone dutifully scrapes their icing off of their own cake and dumps the gooey treat onto my plate so that they can watch me consume all of that sugar. They are sick bastards who like to see me on my sugar high. One time they even took up a collection to try and entice me into eating not one, but two cupcakes at one sitting. I would have liked the extra $50, but I was already stuffed and bouncing off the walls, so I disappointed them by passing.

The bad news about all of this eating is that I haven’t worked out in over a month. Oh sure, I’ve done some little short runs and some bike rides, but for the most part, I’ve done absolutely nothing really worth talking about since before my embolism. I feel junkie and soft. I think it’s time to buckle down and stop eating crap and get back into marathon shape.

Only a short 4 miler this week, a bike ride, and 10 minutes worth of core work. Yep crappy week on the workout front. I’ll get back into it.

Friday Gratitude:
1.) I am thankful that my daughter is a great kid. Typical teenager, but overall, she’s a great kid.
2.) I am thankful that there is no frosting at my house. I do not need anymore crap tonight. There is however, beer and wine there, so I will have to watch out.
3.) I am thankful that it is one day closer to the day that I leave to go see my family next week. I can’t wait!!
4.) I am thankful that my dog didn’t poop on the carpet today; she’s had some problems….
5.) I am thankful that I get to spend a great evening with my wonderful husband tonight!

Happy Friday everyone! I promise to get off my lazy butt and actually do something this weekend!

12 comments:

Meg Runs said...

OMG! I LOVE frosting too! In college we'd buy the canned frosting in all flavors and eat it with spoons while we studied. This is NO joke, everyone at school scrapes their frosting off for me! Vanilla cream frosting ONLY. NO whipped cream or fakey stuff!!! Too funny!
Love your gratitude list, especially the dog poo. No, I actually like the shout out to your daughter the best! Teens need all the props they can get! Happy weekend!

Jamie said...

I'm an icing freak too! Could eat a whole tub all on my own. I really enjoy it with graham crackers :)

Jamoosh said...

You can have my frosting. That's why I eat chessecake - no frosting. Don't need it; I'm already sweet enough...

Marathonman101108 said...

OK, sometimes "crap" posts are still good posts! Yours was uncrappy! Thanks for putting a smile on my face. The great thing about blogging is your fellow bloggers will always support you, even when you're overdosing on icing. Hope the sugar high is long gone, and that you are able to get a running or some type of exercise high. :-)

Jesse said...

When I was an (obese) kid, I used to eat frosting out of the can. Not just some of the frosting, but usually the whole can. (Now I stay away from frosting like the plague)

The weather in Missouri has been pretty good lately - hopefully you'll enjoy your time here with family.

Kristin said...

I've barely trained for the last three months due to an injury so I can relate. If you're going to eat crap, frosting is a lovely choice :)

Anonymous said...

So should we take the tubs of cake frosting back to the grocery store? We bought them in anticipation of your visit...

Love,
Mom :)

Molly said...

Holy cow, I can't believe you can eat that much frosting in one sitting! I'm bad around ice cream, I can't even have it in the house. I've been known to down a whole half gallon carton with just a spoon.

Hope you have a great trip home for Thanksgiving!

Slomohusky said...

Yeah, I will admit I have had moments in life where nothing looked better than a can of vanilla frosting. I miss the frosting my Mom used to make from scratch though. Especially this time of year with Christmas Sugar Cookies shaped like bells, Santa, Stars and Trees need frosting.

Tara, I am grateful for you. Glad you are here with us in this running world. Glad you have a terrific daughter to share your love of life with. Glad you have a terrific husband to share Friday nights with and more.

Run as you feel comfortable to do so right now. Don't become a slave to any timetable or program. Do as your lungs will allow you to do, which I am sure will be better than most can do.

Jill said...

Since I gave up all processed sugar (temporarily), that cupcake is making me salivate so I had to read quickly. Sorry! Woot for your good kid :).

Katie A. said...

You crack me up! I feel so used though, blogging instead of reconciling balance sheets! I don't know how you do the icing thing...I can't do that stuff anymore!
Hope you had a great weekend! And don't beat yourself up for the lack of exercing...we almost lost ya lady, we're gladd you're just still kickin' around! :)

Tricia said...

Strangely enough I'm not a frosting fan. A little is fine, but I'd just like to skip ahead to the cake part. :)