Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Own Runner's World

The little running blogger community that I am a part of is one huge group of positive and thankful people. I came to this conclusion because every single blog that I visited last night had a gratitude list somewhere in the post. We must all be on one giant endorphin rush from our running and it is making us freakishly happy; whatever it is, I like it, and I’m going to stop procrastinating and start my own gratitude list. After all, I am part of this blogger community and I’ve been accused of being freakishly happy a time or two. Or maybe they were just accusing me of being a freak…I don’t remember.

I read a lot of blogs when I was on bed rest from my pulmonary embolism. There are blogs out there for most anything that you can think of: biking blogs, swimmer blogs, family blogs, fans of star wars blogs, even alcoholic blogs.

Can’t sleep? Well there’s a blog for you.
Constipated? Yes, there is even a blog for you.

Pretty much anything that you can think of just Google it, add the word blog to the end and you’ve got yourself a new blog community. Just like that. The other thing that I noticed was how many truly depressing blogs there are out there. I mean there are some whacked out and sad people on this earth. Now we are all human and have our bad days; I have even been known to have thrown a pity party or two on this blog, complete with bitching, complaining AND crying, but some of these bloggers had a pity party string of posts, like they only saw the bad in their situation and never looked for the good. No one has a perfect life and it is definitely the way one views your own experiences that differentiates us from one another. I guess that I just lead a simple life and don’t dwell on things; I accept things for what they are and then move on;
which is probably the reason why I like to be a part of this wonderful, positive running blogger community!!

So without further ado, here is my very first gratitude list:

1.) I am thankful that I am back up to running 4 miles. I’ve got a ways to go before I’m back to marathon training, but I’ll get there!
2.) I am thankful that I have a nice butt. My husband says I have a great butt, so if he likes it, I’m thankful for it.
3.) I am thankful that I will be going home to Mid-MO for Thanksgiving to see my family
4.) I am thankful that I am not pregnant.
5.) I am thankful that it is 70 degrees today.

Ok, I’m a bit rusty at this, but I plan on doing these at least once a week, so I'll get better.
Happy training folks! I promise to catch up on everyone's blogs very soon and thank you all for the awesome birthday wishes!

21 comments:

Chad said...

Glad to hear you are back out running.

And I'm thankful whenever you post. :-)

Slomohusky said...

Tara - your fun. I too have a huge - I mean HUGE appreciation for the Running Blogger World. At least the ones I follow like yours. Awesome Peeps. Runners are the best people in the world. I am new to your blog, so a belated I am sorry for the embolism. I am glad you are with us in the Running World. Your blog like Meg Runs always put a grin on my face :).

Have fun in Mizzou. I lived near KC. An 50 min. west in Topeka, KS. I have family that live just West of KC as well. Great people in the Midwest. We spent a weekend a month in KC while living there.

I think I will pass on the Constapation Blogs though :)! I guess I need to look for Soccer Coaching ones? My other passion.

Meg Runs said...

Yes, you do have an awesome butt AND I'm thankful I'm not pregnant either. Imagine that, a pregnant grandma, ha! Gosh that's not funny, that's scary!!!! Neat observations, everyone is crazy happy around here...

cheryl said...

Like your Attitude!

saundra said...

Great post and so true about the depressing blogs. I'm going to have to look for those Star Wars sites tomorrow...Anyhoo, 4 miles = yay!

Marathonman101108 said...

I am also thankful that I am not pregnant! Great post...I so want to comment on the "butt" part but won't. :-) Thanks for making me smile.

Happy Feet 26.2 said...

So glad you are back to running. I too am very thankful that I am not pregnant, 41 and no children and want to keep it that way.

Jamie said...

Great gratitude list - Especially #2!

Jennifer said...

The pregnant comment was funnyscary. (Not a real word but one I made up for this occasion.) I am thankful that you are back to running and keeping up with blogging!

Lisa said...

Four miles already? You go girl!

Seventy degrees in Colorado in November? That seems like an oxymoron but enjoy it while it lasts.

Jenn said...

Extra thanks for #4 and 5. Nice post! Also, I've read the Yasso book and met him. He is one crazy cool funny guy! I LOVE his attitude. The book is an easy read but I really enjoyed it. Hope you do to!

Morgan said...

2.) I am thankful that I have a nice butt. My husband says I have a great butt, so if he likes it, I’m thankful for it.

LOVE IT! LOL!

I am thankful for bad runs because they make me appreciate my good ones and because at the end of the day... I'm still running and I'm so thankful for that!

Ulyana said...

That's a great idea to post something you are thankful for. I think I'll steal it from you! :)

I'm thankful you are running and blogging and are happy too! :)

RunToTheFinish said...

yes yes yes!! I started posting my daily gratitude journal probably 6 months ago and have had so many folks ask if they could "copy" the idea, as though it were mine..haha probably started with Oprah or something.

i think it's just a great way to rememeber even when things suckith they really are pretty great

Molly said...

Fab post!! I can't believe you're up to four miles already!

I totally agree with your thoughts on being grateful (and #4 cracked me up), especially after my bitch fest the other day, I snapped myself out of it because I realized how lucky I am in so many areas of my life.

Have a great, active weekend!

Jamoosh said...

I'm thankful you got a run in.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful you are coming home for thanksgiving too. I MISS YOU!!!!! Congrats on the 4 miles. You'll get back to where you are soon. Hey--I might actually have a chance at keeping up with you this year if we go running---remember last year you had to drop me off at home & keep going? haha!

HappyTrails said...

Life isn't always perfect but it sure is good!!! Isn't it funny, when you've been unable to run or bike for awhile, how awesome "just" 4 mils is???!!! I had that this past spring where I wasn't able to do much for 2 months and being finally able to do 3 - 4 mile runs were wonderful. Keep savoring them. Glad you're not pregnant - I'm glad I'm not preggo, too! LOL -
K

kristen said...

It's GREAT to have a hubby that thinks you have a nice butt!

Sometimes I'll be driving and it will just hit me how seriosly lucky I am. It's good to feel gratefull isn't it. I love your list.

Jill said...

I think as runners (insert runner with any other endorphine junkie) we are very hard on ourselves and can, if we let ourselves, fall into hole or sorts and not take the time to realize that if we occasionally don't fail at something, then we don't learn to be better. And we need to be grateful for that.

4 miles - woohoo. I am very grateful for that for you. And grateful for your blog!

70 degrees no more....looks like yet another round of massive snow! :/

Tricia said...

Love the gratitude list!