Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Don't Forget...It's Boobie Awareness Month!


Breast Cancer Awareness... Go have those boobs checked out and stay healthy! Pass the message on to your mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts, cousins, friends, and even your enemies. Because the worst enemy is Breast Cancer.

A little boob humor.

Can anyone tell me what store sells this mirror?




Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant(cancer) cells form in the tissues of the breast. It is considered a heterogeneous disease—differing by individual, age group, and even the kinds of cells within the tumors themselves. Obviously no woman wants to receive this diagnosis, but hearing the words "breast cancer" doesn't always mean an end. It can be the beginning of learning how to fight, getting the facts and finding hope.

Women in the United States get breast cancer more than any other type of cancer except for skin cancer. It is second only to lung cancer as a cause of cancer death in women.

Each year it is estimated that nearly 200,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die. Approximately 1,700 men will also be diagnosed with breast cancer and 450 will die each year. The evaluation of men with breast masses is similar to that in women, including mammography.

(Info from www.nationalbreastcancer.org)

So...go check those boobs!

12 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

Just got my mam last month. Glad my boobs didn't look like the ones in the cartoon. Love the mirror. Great post.

Lisa said...

Save the tatas! I'm having my first mammogram soon, I hope I don't walk out of the office looking like the lady in the cartoon lol.

Jamoosh said...

I promise to be aware and be on the lookout for boobies!

Katie A. said...

Love the boobies! Great post!

Molly said...

those cartoons are hilarious! great post! I had my first mammogram last year, and kept thinking, HOW much flatter are you going to get my boobs??????

Meg Runs said...

OKAY, this post explains all of the "boobness" in the posts today. I have boobs on the brain and I don't even like boobs. Well, they were good for breastfeeding but...they really get in the way of running!

Melanie Tait (Mel Tries to Run) said...

Great cartoons Tara!

Did you know there's some crazy thing here in Australia that you can't have a mammogram until you're 45? You have to jump over hoops as a younger woman to get one.

Ridiculous.

Great to bring everyone's attention to it.

Ashley said...

Save the boobies!!!!!

:) Nice post!

B.o.B. said...

Good post girl! Thanks for the reminder.

kristen said...

I'm going to go play with my boobs right now!

TX Runner Mom said...

Great PSA! Thank you for the reminder!

Ali said...

Awesome post! I want that mirror.