Thursday, August 13, 2009

Skinny Bitch Update-Part 2



OK, so I got a lot of questions on my last post, asking what the Skinny Bitches had to say about wine and a few other things. I don't blame them; wine is very important to a lot of people, including me.

OK, here's what the bitches had to say: "Trade in your booze for organic red wine produced without sulfites. Read the label; it should say No Sulfites Added or NSA. This magical elixir is rich in cancer-fighting antioxidants, can reduce risk of stroke, helps thin the blood, and has flavonoids, which lower cholesterol. Yes, organic red wine is good for you."

You heard it people; drink up!! The book also gave the phone number for the AA World Headquarters. Here is that number just in case you need it: 212-870-3400.

I was drinking some wine last night while I was reading this information. I like to see it as doing research for my post, not just sitting down and drinking wine for the hell of it (I realize that I am only kidding myself; everyone else sees right through my story). I turned the bottle around and noted that it said: Sulfites Added. Hmmmm...I went and got an apple to combat those little sulfites. A nice cancer fighting apple. I'll let my body decide who wins that fight. Although, I did drink more wine then I ate of the apple.

Other people were concerned about their coffee and Starbucks drinks. I do not blame them either; I'm a Starbucks fan and love to sport my fu-fu drink. I was surprised at what the bitches had to say. I had always heard that coffee was "good for you."

The book reads: "Coffee is for pussies. You don't need coffee to wake up. You should not need anything to wake up. If you can't wake up without it, it's because you are either addicted to caffeine, sleep deprived, or a generally unhealthy slob. Caffeine raises stress hormone levels, inhibits important enzyme systems that are responsible for cleaning the body, and sensitizes nerve reception sites. But don't go grabbing for the decaf. Coffee, whether regular or decaf, is highly acidic. Acidic foods cause your body to produce fat cells, in order to keep the acid away from your organs. It also makes your breath smell like ass."

Well, tell it like it is bitches. I'm not so sure about the breath smelling like ass part. My dog has licked me after licking her ass and let me tell you, I would much rather smell coffee breath. I'm just saying.

So there you have it. What I've learned is that: everything we love is bad for you in some way. I'll just pick and choose my vices well.

Training Update: I had a great run last night (before the wine). I ran three of my miles at my marathon goal pace, which I'm still not certain what that is yet, but for now I've been running it at 8:36 pace. I waited until the weather cooled off a bit AND I remembered my water. Tonight is another run and some strength work.

Family Update: Monday night, I registered Madison for a dance class. I took 13 years of ballet and jazz while growing up, so I was thrilled when she wanted to sign up. We went over to the studio to check it out and it is VERY nice. A lot nicer then the ones that I had while growing up.
Rick got home last night. He had been in Columbia, Missouri (we used to live there) for some budget reviews of the manufacturing plant there. He also had time to do some fun stuff. Monday night he gathered a group of our old friends together at Shakespeares and had the BEST pizza on earth. He got in a great run at Rockbridge State Park too. This used to be my favorite place on earth to trail run. I have ran there a couple of times since moving out here and wanted him to experience how much easier running those trails seem to be. Those hills are NOTHING! He agreed. He also finally got to meet the little girl of an old acquaintance. Allie is two (I think) and I've seen pictures, she is very cute. What else? He said that Columbia is losing some of its charm to him; I guess we are truely becoming Colorado snobs.

10 comments:

Meg Runs said...

Thanks for sending me off to teacher meetings with a laugh. What funny/biting running book do we have for you next? Perhaps you should write your own...you DO have a way with words and your thoughts and observations are WAY HONEST...oh, I better go call that number you mentioned in your post, bye!
meg

ShutUpandRun said...

Hah the thought of your dog licking you after licking his/her own ass. You crack me up.

B.o.B. said...

Hm. I am still going to have my coffee. I am an addict. I am. And I don't care. :)

Great run lady.

Lisa said...

Just discovered your blog through Miles of Kate. I'm looking forward to following your training. I'm just getting back to running after a bout with tendinitis and hopefully doing a 10k and then a half marathon. Definitely gonna check out Skinny Bitch.

M2Marathon said...

FAN-TAS-TIC on the wine. F-them on the Starbucks. I don't need it, I just want it. (repeat phrase as necessary)

chris mcpeake said...

I will never give up my Whine or coffee for that matter

kristen said...

Wine and coffee will more than likely be with me until the day I die - am I'm cool with that. Sorry skinny bitches but going *without* would be worse for my health (mental health at least)!

X-Country2 said...

I've always wanted to read that book. Sounds interesting. May have to check it out.

Marathonman101108 said...

Hey Tara! I stalked you through Lisa's blog. So I'm now an official stalker/follower of your blog because not only are you informative, but you're funny as hell too!! Umm, maybe funny as hell is a poor choice of words, but you get the idea!

cami said...

Giving up coffee? That's an impossibility! ;)