Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Running and Tagging

First things first: Some of you might have noticed that little widget over to the right hand side of my blog that is counting down the days until the San Antonio Marathon. I added it a couple of weeks ago (I stole it from Shut Up and Run blog) to count down the days until my first marathon in San Antonio. I thought it would be fun to watch; however, adding that thing might have been a bad move on my part. Every single time, I log on here, I see it and the days keep getting shorter and shorter and my reaction is “oh crap! Oh crap! OH CRAP!” Will I be ready? I have tried to avoid looking at the widget, but it’s like a train wreck, my eyes keep wandering over. Before too long, I’m going to just have to stop logging onto my own blog, so that I can avoid “the widget”. I hope my first marathon goes ok.

I had a really nice easy paced run last night in zones 1 and 2. My legs were still a little tired from running all of the hills on my 10 mile trail run the other day, so it was very nice to just take it easy. Monday night, I did 45 minutes of spinning on my bike trainer to try and flush out my long run legs. I had lactic acid up to my eyeballs on Sunday after the trail run, so it felt good to do some light spinning. Tonight will be a yoga and strength night.

Ok, I was tagged by Kristen over at Will Run for Wine! to answer a few questions.

1) Who is the hottest movie star?



I changed this one a little bit to be “hottest movie star couple”. Brad and Angelina. You gotta admit, both are totally hot, and if I were a guy I would totally be drooling over Angie over there. They are not only some major eye candy, but they are also just damn good people too. I really respect the fact that they both seem to be very genuine and care about their children and the state of the world.

Speaking of eye candy.....


Ok, you caught me,that's just me. I'm not a hot movie star...but a girl can dream.

2) Apart from your house and car, what is the most expensive item you have ever bought?

This is a tie between my bike and my treadmill. I think they were about the same amount. I bought a new Trek Madone WSD 5.1 road bike last year and it was worth every single stinking penny that I spent on it. I love that thing. I also bought a used Precor Treadmill last year with the integrated foot plant technology system. Also worth every stinking penny.

3) What is your most treasured memory?

The birth of my daughter Madison and the day that I married the love of my life Rick.

I also treasure the day that someone sat me down and finally forced me to actually pluck that unibrow of mine. I am a hairy woman; that was a life changing event for me.

4) What was the best gift you ever received as a child?

The best gift that I ever received as a child was to be raised to be an independent person.

5) What is the biggest mistake you ever made?

Ok, I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life, I’m human, but I can’t think of a specific one that I can dwell on. A lot of mistakes that I have made have led to some pretty good outcomes in my life, so I would say that I don’t regret a single decision or mistake that I’ve ever made. Life throws you lemons, you make lemonade. It’s all about how you view things. Whether life treats you fairly or unfairly, you will always be in control of your reaction to it and that determines where you come out.

However; I WOULD like to go back and retake that senior year picture that is burned in infamy. You can barely see my face because my hair is so big. I still have nightmares that “the bang” will come back in style.

6) 4 words to describe yourself:

Fun loving, energetic, goofy, liberal, confident, optimistic, a tad bit mouthy and blunt…oh I was supposed to only give four?

7) What was your highlight or lowlight of 2008?

Highlight: Quitting that job, where I worked over 80 hours per week and taking some of the summer off.
Lowlight: Husband finally forced me back into the working world. I knew I should have found me a sugar daddy.

8) Tell me one thing I don't know about you:

I love beer. Oh! Sorry, sorry, you said unknown fact…ummmm…I love animals. I give a monthly pledge to the Humane Society of the US and I give my time to them whenever possible by writing to my senator or representative supporting many bills for the humane treatment of animals. I even go downtown once a year to lobby certain bills with the HSUS at the state capitol.

10) If you were a comic book/strip cartoon character, who would you be?

I’m with Kristen….being invisible woman would ROCK!

12 comments:

Jamoosh said...

Maybe it's just me, but I think Angelina is mongoloidian looking.

Morgan said...

You are a star girl! Work it! :)

Anonymous said...

I dislike Angelina. I'll give you that she and Brad do great things which is more than most people with money do. She's still a homewrecker though :)

Jamie said...

Great list!

The whole reason I've never used a widget is I know I will have anxiety attacks looking at the days tick away. :) Nice work on the past workouts!

Meg Runs said...

That was some fun reading! I HATE my countdown widget and my weekly miles counter. I already deleted the mileage, the counter is next. It freaks me out!

ShutUpandRun said...

I know, the widget gives me some anxiety too. It's coming up, girl!!

kristen said...

Brad and Angelina? Yikes, Gross!! She reminds me of white trash that came into money. They are both homewreckers and I have no love! Plus, so many people do what they do ambassadors, give money etc - and it seems just because they're hollywood elite they are put on a pedestal for it. No thanks. I think it's easy to give money when you vast quantities of it. It's more impressive when someone without several nannies volunteers or donates (like you - which is very cool!). But your answer to #6 explains everything (liberal). Whey do you guys love Hollywood so much? :)

I totally agree with the unibrow. When I was in jr high I ripped a picutre out of a magazine, taped it to my mirrior and went to work plucking. I'm obsessed with my eyebrows - or anyones for that matter. It's the first thing I notice on someone.

Love the list - (except for the first of course).

Tara said...

Kristen-Ugh..I hate Holleywood. I think that they are all superfical jokes. I like those two because of the fact that they are so un-holleywood.

Molly said...

I can't even look at the calendar when I have something coming up, let alone a count down widget, it gets me stressed out. Sounds like you're doing everything right for training, I'm sure you're more ready for the race than you realize.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Kristen on this one tara...

Angelina makes me want to vomit. Homewrecker...I was just being nice before hehe.

RunToFinish said...

saw you over at red head running and having just come back from colorado I was all excited...then I saw you are from COMO! i went to mizzou, small world!

glad i found your blog I can tell I'll enjoy reading!

B.o.B. said...

I am glad someone told you about your unibrow too sister. Not a good look on anyone.

I think the Pitt-Jolie's are hot and do good deeds with their money. They may or may not be super moral when it comes to the cheating and what not, but at least they try to give back.

Let's all move on from the Brad and Jen saga shall we?