Monday, July 20, 2009

Rest Day....well...maybe a little Yoga too.


Today is rest day. I'm supposed to enjoy a complete day of rest and relaxation with no training. So I came home from work and fixed a quick dinner of chicken quesedillas and popped open one of our home brews (an Anchor steam knock off...yum) and tried to relax. For some reason, I couldn't do it; I didn't sleep very well last night, so I'm not sure what the problem was. I decided to go ahead and grab a mat and do some yoga. I haven't done any yoga in a few weeks, so it felt really good to stretch my muscles out. I did several sets of downdog, into plank, followed by up dog, and finally child's pose. I threw in some warrior I and II poses, but for the most part, I kept it to some light easy stretches. Yoga works like magic and is particularly good for runners (or people who have to run on the elliptical because of their F*@#ing feet). Whether it was the yoga or the beer (or both), I think I will sleep well tonight.

I think I am a little on the nervous side because I think the time has come for me to decide about my fall marathon....San Antonio. Do I go ahead and continue to train for it or do I run the half instead of the full or do I just cancel the trip altogether. I guess I will wait and see what the foot diagnosis is before I make a decision, but I am starting to get a little nervous of what I will hear. I guess I just need to listen to my body and take care of my health. There will always be another marathon if I don't make this one.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I hope everything is okay with your foot. It's so hard when you have the motivation, and what I call "cardio capacity" to train, and some kind of ailment sidelines you.