Thursday, July 2, 2009

Maybe my body won't fall apart after all.

Ok, there's some days that I feel like my body is totally breaking down on me...maybe with the help of these things, I can get it to putter around a few more years.


Superfeet-my feet love them. Don’t worry, this isn’t a full post about my feet, there’s beer on here too. A couple of weeks ago, the foot doctor suggested that I try out the Superfeet premium insoles in order to correct at least some of my feet issues. I bought the green ones with maximum support and I absolutely love them. My bunions have been throwing off my running efficiency and caused that damn bone bruise, so we’ve been trying to find ways to correct the problem without doing the dreaded “S” word (surgery). Since I’ve been running in them, my bone bruise has been healing and I’ve noticed an improvement in my right knee pain and right lower back pain on long runs. It’s so funny how one little damn foot bone can throw off your running form and cause so many problems. Now if they could just make me run faster….especially on that run test on Saturday.

Smartwool-my feet love these too. They are the only socks that I have found that prevent blisters, I absolutely love them. I wore them during my recent half marathon and didn’t get even one blister. I ran in regular socks the other day on my long run (all of my smart wool running socks were dirty from my trip) and boy do I regret it. I have a blister the size of Texas on my left foot. I was going to take a picture, but I didn’t want to gross everyone out. I will never again run in anything besides my smartwools.



Beer-I couldn’t live without it; ok, I could, but why? I tried this New Belgium brew the other day (I’ve been on a New Belgium kick lately) and LOVED it. It’s the 1554 enlightened black ale. Rick wasn’t too keen on it, but that’s ok, more for me. A couple of weeks ago, I posted that the Mighty Arrow beer was my new favorite, but this one is better…I’ll still drink the Mighty Arrow though.

1 comment:

Chris said...

How can you tell the difference between a bone bruise and a stress fracture? I have a spot on the top of one of my metatarsal's that is KILLING me. I'm getting worried...

I'm intrigued by your Superfeet.