Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our Story



I just noticed what day it was…June 18th. Today is Rick and my “unofficial” seven year anniversary. I sent him an e-mail saying “Happy seven years. Here’s to another fifty, or until you kick the bucket.” He replied “Yeah, back at ya.” Can’t you just feel the love? We had our first “date” seven years ago today. We really didn’t know it was our first date at first. We went out with a group of people to see a movie and then just hung out with each other afterwards talking. We talked about what we wanted out of a relationship and why our past relationships had failed. I had known him for three years at that point, but we had always considered each other to be just friends. That night, while we were just hanging out, it came out that we were attracted to each other and then we had our first kiss. I’ll always remember that first kiss and that first “date”. My life from that point forward changed for the better. I had finally found the one. Don’t get me wrong, it was a long hard road to get to where we are today. Relationships take work and they are never easy, but it was worth the wait. We were married this past March 21st. Below is a portion of our wedding ceremony, these are the repeated vows that we said to each other. I think that it pretty much summarizes our relationship.

I take you as my partner, my friend and my love. I promise to always cherish your uniqueness, emotions, and to accept your feelings. To romance your heart, and entice your soul. To never take you for granted and always love you as you are. I also promise to speak from my heart, and let you see the depth of my soul. To be honest and open with you, and not hide my feelings. To not lose myself, and stay true to my nature. For the both of us I promise to seek the path less traveled, to fill our lives with new experiences and to never stop growing. I will share my intuition and insight with you and above all encourage you to become the person you are yet to be.

I am glad that I found someone who supports all of my crazy ideas and challenges me to seek out new adventures.

2 comments:

Chad Aaron Sayban said...

Congratulations! It sounds like love to me. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Awww I almost cried. Emotional me...