Thursday, April 2, 2009


Tara with dog at Park

Our marriage license arrived in the mail yesterday. There it was, in writing, yep, its official. Every now and then, it will hit me, hey, I’m married! It’s a good feeling; especially when you are married to the right person. Everyone kept telling me that things would be different after we were married.
“Well…how so?” I would inquire
“I don’t know…just different.” Would be the reply.
“A bad different?” I would press further.
“Well. Not necessarily.” The reply came with a shrug.
“Rick and I have been together for almost seven years now. I don’t see how different it could be.”
“Oh, the seven year itch!” They would stare with open eyed horror.
I think it’s funny. People and their preconceived notions on how things should be, instead of letting things just be. Rick and I agreed that yes, being married has changed our relationship, but for the better. He says that he feels even closer to me. We were pretty close before; so I guess that's a good thing.

The only bad thing that I can see is that I am taking his name so I’ve been rushing around trying to get everything updated. Driver’s license, social security, work e-mail, etc, etc. What a pain! I guess it will eventually get done.

In other news, I’ve been doing a lot of yoga and strength exercises this week. I haven’t done yoga since I moved away from Columbia. Rick and I used to take a wonderful Power Yoga class at Gold’s Gym. The teacher was awesome and the class left you with a nice relaxed jelly like feeling. I miss that class, but enjoyed doing the moves at home. I wish that teacher would move out here, maybe I should find her! Yoga is so good for your core and a strong core leads to better running and more endurance. It also just makes you feel damn good and most of your aches and pains will magically disappear.

I’ve only done one run this week; a four mile run on Tuesday. I’m going to try and get some more runs in, but it sounds like we are about to get a couple of feet of snow dumped on us again! I realize that we desperately need the moisture, but I wish that the snow had come during the winter and not in the spring!

No comments: