Saturday, April 4, 2009

Snowy Saturday


Tara & Piper at Coyote Duty.


Searching for Coyotes in the Snow

Saturday was a good day. Madison’s flight got in right on time on Saturday morning and we didn’t get the 8 to 10 inches of snow that they were calling for. I was extremely worried that they would cancel or delay her flight home. She had spent the last week visiting her dad in Florida and it rained quite a bit and now she was coming home to snow. Poor Girl! Plus she had to get up at 3:30 in the morning in order to make her 6:05 a.m. flight. She was exhausted when she got home. She fell asleep at 8:30 Saturday and didn’t get up until 11:00 the next morning!
It snowed most of the day, but we only ended up with 4 inches (I think). It was pretty and it was nice to just relax in the house and watch the snow fall. I was actually supposed to go to the track to get in some speed work, but I ended up in my basement doing a dreadmill run instead. I got in 6 miles. I held some of the miles at a 7 some minute mile, so we’ll just call that my speed work for the week, good enough for a dreadmill run.
The half marathon is still a month away. Am I prepared? Am I ready? I guess we’ll see. I did a twelve mile run last Sunday and I felt strong and ready and I have another twelve mile run next Saturday. The race is at a higher altitude then I am used to, which leaves me a little concerned. I am not good with exercising at altitude. Leaves me feeling a little dizzy and a little tired, but hopefully, I will do fine for the race. I’m sure as time gets closer, I will be on here telling you how nervous I am!

No comments: