Friday, April 3, 2009

Dinner and a Show


Friday night was our last night of being alone together without the "mini moo", so we decided to take advantage of it and go out to a nice dinner and a play. We hardly ever go out to dinner together alone or stay out late, so we thought this was perfect time to have a "date night". The Denver Theater of the Performing Arts was showing "A Prayer for Owen Meaney", which was perfect because John Irving is one of Rick's favorite authors (when he decides to read that is). I did a couple of theater productions back in the day (Lyceum Theater), so I love seeing shows plus I have also read the book (I love to read), so I told Rick to definitely buy the tickets. He walked to the theater at lunchtime and got us two amazing seats! We made reservations at the Baur's Ristorante, which is down the street from the theater, and our night was set. I couldn't wait to get off of work and spend a great evening with my new husband.
I took the train downtown after work and met him in front of the Denver Convention Center. From there we walked down to the restaurant and were a bit early, but they went ahead and seated us. I ordered the Filet and Rick ordered the Salmon. They were both amazing and I highly recommend this restaurant. Much better then The Capitol Grille or Brooks. We had NY cheesecake for dessert and finished off with a cup of coffee. I was extremely relaxed and ready to see a good show. We walked to the theater after dinner and found our seats. The play was very good, but not quite as good as the book. Isn't that always the way it is?
When we left the show, it was lightly snowing outside. We were expecting a major snowstorm over the next couple of nights (five to ten inches) and I was very worried about Madison's flight the next morning. We took the train home and called it a night. Madison's flight would be in at 8:00 the next morning. We both agreed that we needed to do "date nights" more often.

No comments: