Monday, March 2, 2009

Wow…the weekend just flew by. It was an extremely busy, but productive weekend. I wish I had another couple of days off to enjoy the 70 degree weather we are having here! Friday night, I left work at 4:30. I’ve been working like a dog lately, so I thought that I’d take out early to enjoy a run in the warm weather. It was my first run of the week due to the knee/leg problems that I’ve been having. I got in an easy 4 miles and my leg seemed to be doing a little better. I ran in the park on the soft trail and I think that helped quite a bit. We had Smashburger for dinner that night; well, Rick and I had smashchicken and Madison had the smashburger. It’s a pretty decent meal for a chain restaurant. After dinner, we went to the bike store to look at road bike pedals. Rick had finally decided that he was going to try my Keo Looks and I was going to order the speedplays. They didn’t have them in stock, so we had them shipped to the store. They’ll be here in a week; I can’t wait to try them.


Rick doing chores.


Madison and Ronnie at Breckenridge


Tara and Rick getting ready to ski




I got up on Saturday and took Piper for a run at the park. We did an easy paced 6 miles on the soft trails and I got to thinking that maybe I needed new shoes. I have been running in the Brooks Adrenaline for awhile now and my current ones were pretty shoddy. These are stability shoes for people with pronation issues and the bottoms of mine were pretty worn down. No wonder my knees, calves, and back were hurting. I’d been putting in over 20 miles per week on worn out stability shoes and my body was letting me know that I needed new shoes! So after running Madison around and completing numerous errands, I made it over to the bike store and purchased a brand new pair of Adrenaline GTS 9. Awww….comfort. I can’t wait to run on them.

We spent the rest of the day working around the house and getting chores accomplished so that we could go skiing on Sunday. I cleaned, Rick worked on our family room blinds, and Madison worked on a school project.

Sunday, we got up around 5:30 and rounded our ski gear up and went to Breckenridge. Madison and a friend went with us, so they could shop and check out hot snowboard guys. It was a gorgeous day. It was supposed to be 70 degrees in Denver, so it was 35-40 degrees in the mountains. Rick and I were burning up. We are used to skiing in a lot lower temps, so we were hot with the warm sun beating down on us. We got in tons of runs before packing it up and meeting the girls by the car at noon. It was a great day, skiing in the morning and then back to Denver to enjoy the warm weather for the afternoon


Sweaty after the first run of the week!

Piper got a new toy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the pic of Rick doing chores :)

I forgot to tell you that I got really sick and sort of passed out when I got that blood work done to see if I have thrombolus. They took so much blood! Did you get sick? I must be a whimp.

Miss you! Can't wait to see you guys in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura