Saturday, March 21, 2009

Finally...A Wedding

Saturday, we got up and loaded up on pancakes, eggs, bacon, and coffee and then everyone went their separate ways to enjoy the gorgeous day. Rick’s family went to Cripple Creek to gamble, several of our friends went hiking at various places, Tim and Paula went to visit Colorado Springs breweries, Rick stayed at the lodge, and I took my family to Garden of the Gods. I had been there with Rick a couple of years back and I wanted my family to see how beautiful it was. It didn’t disappoint and my family really enjoyed seeing Pikes Peak, balancing rocks, and all of the rock climbers in the park.


Garden of the Gods


View of Pikes Peak

We finally headed back to the lodge around 1:00, so that I could take a nap before the ceremony started. I’m not used to staying up late and it was WAY past my bedtime by the time I finally hit the sack on Friday. The ceremony was supposed to start at 5:00, so I had plenty of time.

I was just waking up when everyone started streaming back to the lodge to change and hang out. The caterers arrived at 3:30 and our wedding officiant and acoustic guitar player arrived around 4:00. We were a little unsure of whether we would be able to hold the ceremony outside or not, it was cloudy, cold, and a little windy. However, at 4:00, the sky opened up a brilliant blue, the wind died down, and it was a perfect temperature for an outside wedding. Yay! I better get ready now! My sister helped me put fake extensions in my hair and curl it and put it up; it turned out really pretty. My mom, Madison, Madison’s friend Ronnie, and I just hung out in Rick and my honeymoon suite until the ceremony started. There were lots of pictures, a lot of laughs, and a few tears, but I am very happy that they were all there with me.

Finally at 5:00, Tony, our acoustic guitar player, started playing Cannon in D and I knew it was show time! I sent my two little flower girls (my niece Ryan and our friends’ daughter Elsa) out ahead of me and Madison (she walked me down the aisle) and I followed. I was shaking by the time we reached Mary (the officiate) and Rick, so Mary suggested that we hold hands. That was a great suggestion; it was wonderful to look into Rick’s eyes throughout our vows. We said our vows etc and then my sister Laura gave a very touching, yet funny reading for us. It was perfect. Thank you Laura!


Flower girls


Walking mom down the aisle


Gazing at Rick


Trying to get my ring on


Putting Rick's ring on


Rick says his vows


Cute little flower girls


Laura gives a reading


Listening to Laura


Still listening to Laura....it was a great reading that she wrote herself!!!


Kiss the bride


New family walking down the aisle; check out Rick's ring :)

All and all the whole ceremony was perfect. I could not have asked for a more beautiful day and the wedding was so small and intimate that we had lots of interaction between us and our audience. I am so thankful that I was able to marry the love of my life surrounded by our families and close friends. I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. It was certianly a memorable weekend. Everyone had a great time. I didn't want to leave!!!! :(

Miss you guys already!

Laura