Friday, March 20, 2009

Memorable night of Music and Friends

We left for the mountain lodge where we were going to be married today. I woke up a little tired, a little stressed, but ready to get down there. Before we left, I got in my ten mile run. It started out really crappy since I was so tired and I kept coming up with excuses on why I should just stop and go home. I finally just had to tell myself to suck it up and get it done. It was slow going, but I finished and went home to shower and change. When I got there, Rick’s friend Dirk and his wife Amanda were at our house. It was so great to see them! Amanda is due to deliver their little girl in July and she looked wonderful. She’s currently in med school right now and still has a couple of years left; what a brave woman!


Tara and Rick at the Lodge


Tara, Rick, and Poi Dog


Tim playing with Poi Dog


Tara and Laura


Rick playing with Poi Dog!


Frank signing Rick's guitar


Rick and Frank


Rick and friends having a great time!

I finally went over to pick Madison and her friend from school and we headed to the lodge around 3:00. I had planned a surprise show that night for Rick and his friends. Rick has been a fan of a group called Poi Dog Pondering since his college years and I had arranged, with the help of our friend Tim, for them to play at the lodge on Friday night. They were to arrive at the lodge around 7:00. We were barbequing burgers, brats, pork tenderloin etc and were just relaxing and catching up when I made the announcement of the show. The look on the guy’s faces was absolutely priceless when I made the announcement and they walked in! Tim has had a couple of Poi Dog shows at his house, but none of us have ever been able to make it. The show was great and I had brought Rick’s guitar down with us, so he was able to play with them as well. I was so happy that it turned out so well. Everyone appreciated a most memorable night.


My family enjoying the show

No comments: