Thursday, March 12, 2009

Copper Triangle August 2008


Tonight I downloaded the registration forms for the Copper Triangle. Got them filled out and ready to be mailed tomorrow. I can't wait; it will be so much fun. I don't think I've been on my bike all winter. We did a couple of winter time road rides last year, but none so far this year. Rick and I have both been running. I think that I've finally convinced him that YES, he does like to run. He never really did before. Anyway, back to the Copper ride, it's an 80 mile ride that goes over three mountain passes, which means climbing. The first two passes aren't too bad, Vail pass killed me last year. It was hot, I was tired, and I had never been so glad to see a summit in my life. I actually cried when I saw the sign. It's a little bit of work, but the ride is very well supported and the scenery is gorgeous (see picture above).

Stretching before my run. Piper always gets in my way.

I've gotten a few runs in this week. Monday night I had coyote duty (see my previous posts if you have absolutely no idea what I am talking about), so I got in a very nice paced 5 miles. I didn't see any coyotes, the hazing must be working because normally you at least see a couple at that time of night. Wednesday I did a 5.56 mile run. I started out with an easy 15 minute warmup, then picked up the pace for a couple of miles and left off with a nice easy cool down. The cops were patrolling the park on Wednesday night. They stopped me as I was running to ask if I had seen any coyotes.
Any whos??? I responded, playing dumb (monitors are not looked upon too kindly)
Any coyotes, he asked.
No, but I'll let you know if I see any.
I guess we're doing our job then, he smirked.
Dumb ass, I thought, he's not doing anything. The shooter hasn't shot a coyote in the past few weeks because the monitors have been scaring them off. How ironic that this idiot thought he was "doing his job".
Tonight I got in a 3 mile recovery run and one more coyote duty. I won't be able to patrol at all next week(family and friends coming in for my wedding), so I wanted to make sure I did a few this week. Saturday morning I have a nine mile run scheduled plus coyote duty from 6-8 a.m.
Keep on running! Tara F.soon to be Tara M.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tara M in 1 week! Can't wait to see you guys!

Laura :)

MonkAre said...

It’s so nice site. We love to see more on this site. Keep on updating… MonkAreYou Bali *afsgdhd