Sunday, January 4, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!




I can't believe 2009 is already here. It seems the older you get, the faster time goes by. I have also noticed how much more I appreciate the simple things in life now that I am in my thirties. I take more time to just live in the present and concentrate on what is happening now and look at situations as they are, without coloring them with my past experiences. I am learning to accept myself and not to judge and to just "be" (I sound like a yoga commercial). I look forward to getting older and I look forward to the years ahead.

Rick and I had a very low key New Year's Eve. Madison was still in Missouri visiting her grandparents, so we just hung out at home and grilled steaks and drank a little wine. Yes, I was in bed by 10:30 and didn't get to actually see the new year come in. I actually don't remember the last time that I stayed up until midnight to bring in a new year.

We got up New Years Day and went out to Apex Park with the dog to do a little hike. The weather was nice and there were several joggers and even a few mountain bikers out there. This surprised me because the trail was covered in snow and ice. Oh well...we do what we love right? This trail system has a wonderful trail that winds through the woods called The Enchanted Forest. It is my favorite. Rick and I hiked and talked until we came to this trail and then walked in companionable silence through the woods listening to the snow fall softly from the trees. Snow and icycles clung to the branches of each of the trees and it was silent and tiny chills of wonder and peace flowed through my body. I love being in the woods. Aparently, so did Piper, she sniffed and ran circles among the trees for what seemed like hours.

We spent the rest of the day picking up Maddie from the airport and shopping for new furniture. We are trying to remodel the dining room and have spent many hours trying to find new lighting and a new table. I'll keep you posted on the progress. Friday was back to work for one day and then Saturday I managed to get in a nine mile run and clean house and get some of my filing organized. It snowed most of the day, so I didn't mind staying warm in the house.

Tara Fuqua

1 comment:

Loving Life said...

I updated too! Miss u!