Friday, December 19, 2008

What Motivates You?



So here it is, my new Precor Treadmill 9.31. I got a good deal on it from a used exercise dealer here in town. I am excited about the new treadmill, but not excited about spending the next 3 months running on a treadmill in my basement. I would rather be outside! The snowy weather and icy sidewalks will keep me from doing that though, especially after work when it’s dark. Better to be running on a treadmill, then breaking my leg slipping on the ice. I’ll still try to get outside on the weekends, but during the week, its treadmill time. Hopefully, this will take care of that sick, primal need that I feel to run. I ran on it last night and after awhile, I looked down to see that I had the incline up to 7.5% and I was sweating bullets trying to slog uphill. “Why am I doing this….it hurts” I asked myself. I realized that I had been off in la la land, visualizing the trail out at Deer Creek and trying to find the right incline to match the trail. Yes, I am one sick woman, but if that’s what it takes to motivate me, so be it.

3 comments:

Jacque said...

Tara, you are an inspiration. And, WOW, look at those abs! Maybe some day...

Loving Life said...

You are one sick woman, I mean who runs on Christmas and in the rain the day after! :) I kid! I wish I was half as motivated as you. I guess I prefer to be plump.

Loving Life said...

update!