Sunday, November 9, 2008

Birthday Fun

Thursday the 7th, I managed to get in a 6 mile run. It was nice and cool out so I was sportin my new Nike Fit Dry jersey that Rick bought me for my birthday. That jersey rocks! Kept me plenty warm, but also kept my core pretty cool. The run itself felt pretty good, I wish that I had gone longer, but it was getting late and it was really dark out. I've been looking into buying a treadmill for when the weather gets really snowy and icy.

Friday night we just hung out. Madison had a sleep over with a few friends at our house, so we had to listen to them all night. No, it really wasn't that bad, they were in the basement and we were upstairs. It was my fault anyway, I bought them Rockstar energy drinks and fed them my leftover birthday cake from work. I'm a great mom!

Saturday morning, I spent 2.5 hours at the salon getting my hair cut, colored, brows waxed, etc. You know the drill, it takes a lot of work to look this good. Just kidding. After I got home, Rick and I took the dog and went out the Deer Creek Canyon for a trail run. The weather was in the upper 50's, but the sun was shining, so it was pretty warm out. I was sportin my Nike jersey again and just about collapsed in it I was so freaking hot! Oh well, you live and you learn. Rick took care of the dog, since he doesn't go as far as I do. He's going to be a great trail runner one of these days though. The altitude and the uphills don't bother him near as much as they bother me. Bastard! I managed to get in a 7 mile trail run and it was just what I needed. It was tiring, but I felt awesome afterwards. That night, we went to Dave and Busters to celebrate my birthday (Rick has promised me a nice steak dinner on some night that we don't have Madison). We had fun playing games and just hanging out together. Later, after a Starbucks and Jamba Juice stop, we went home to brew some beer and watch Mizzou put the hurt on K State.

Sunday (my birthday), I started the day off with a Wal-Mart run. I hate Wal-Mart, but it wasn't too bad at 7:30 in the morning. When I got back, Rick and I debated on a mountain or road ride and finally decided to get out the road bikes. We haven't been on them in ages. We only went about 23 miles, but it felt good to get out and get some nice steady exercise. There is a great paved trail by our house that goes all of the way downtown, which is about a 35 mile ride. We didn't do that today since Madison wanted to go to the mall, but it's a great ride when we get the chance. We got back and Rick took Madison to the mall, so that I could hang out and relax (and blog) a little bit. They are aparently doing more birthday shopping even though I told them NOT to get me anything else. Oh well. I'll let ya know what it is.

1 comment:

Loving Life said...

Ohhh let me know what they get you. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I miss you guys! I wish you lived closer :( Gotta go do homework! You should think about coming in for Christmas...just for a few days, c'mon! We have an extra bedroom you can stay in & this time I won't be in the process of moving!