Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wednesday Run

Wednesday I had a "scheduled" 5 mile run on my calendar. I was the one that had put that run there. I kept trying to change my own mind about running the 5 miler all day with "it's too cold outside" or "I'm tired". I kept reminding myself that I was going to run a marathon next year and that it would be to my own benefit if I was to actually get out and run. Besides that, IT WAS ONLY 5 MILES for crying out loud.

I got home around 5:15 and made some chicken fettecine with alfredo sauce and rolls for Madison and Rick and I was out the door by 6:00. I wanted to do an interval run, so I started with a brief warm up (still complaining at myself, of course)and then settled into a nice pace. It was very nice outside, good running weather at 50 degrees. "This isn't so bad" I thought. I hit 3 miles at a 8:23 pace with my best pace being 6:45. The 6:45 pace killed me, who can hold this pace for long periods of time!!!??!! My breath was raging out of control and my pulse was racing, but ahhh, it was only for a short period of time. I hit the 4 mile mark at 35 minutes and the 5 mile at 42.59. What a great night for a run, I'm so glad that I "forced" myself to get out and do it.

No comments: