Friday, October 10, 2008

Is it the weekend YET!

Not much has been going on lately. I've been extremely busy at work with auditors, month end, quarter end, etc. I haven't had much time to run lately, but I did manage to get in a 6.5 mile jog on Tuesday while Maddie was getting her hair done (she is going through a stage where she changes her hair constantly). We arrived at the salon and our stylist offered me a glass of wine and oh man was it tempting to say "yes, i'll take a glass"! I was a good girl though and changed into my clothes and got my run in. I think that's about it on the running for the week. Not a good start to "Tara's Marathon Training", but I'm hoping to do better next week.

Rick and I managed to get out to Lair 'O' the Bear last Saturday for a two hour mountain bike ride. The weather was perfect for biking. Then on Sunday we packed a lunch, the dog, and Maddie and went out to Pine Valley Ranch park to fish, hike, etc. What a great day. Rick and I took turns hanging out with Madison (while she fished) and throwing a stick into the water for Piper. That dog sure does love the water; she swam until she couldn't hardly walk anymore. Madison finally caught one little fish and then we hiked up to the top of the trail. Gorgeous views up there. I'll have to post some of the pics we took later.

This weekend is supposed to snow. I'n not sure that I'm ready for that yet, but at least I won't feel like I need to constantly be outside and maybe I can get some house cleaning done. We're also going to take a drive out to another bed and breakfast this weekend to see if it would be a place that we could hold the wedding. Our goal is to FINALLY nail down some wedding plans this weekend, so that we can let our families know.

No comments: