Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Should I or shouldn't I?

So I've gone and done it again. I've become obsessed with running... again. I told myself that this wouldn't happen, but it has. It happened because I've decided that I want to do a maration. Now, I know better then this. The last time that I commited to do a race, I became so obsessed with running, training, gels, salt tabs, pace, time, shoes (dear god I had so many shoes)that I drove the people around me insane. They would see me coming with that look in my eye and immediately run for the hills to avoid having to run with me.

The last time I did a race was in college. I was more of a sprinter in high school, so I had never done any long distance races when I signed up for my first half marathon. I had so much fun doing it that I kept going back for more, but like I said, I became obsessed.

So should I or shouldn't I try for a marathon. That is the question. I've got Rick on board. He said that he would train with me and give it a try. I should probably just stick with recreational running and avoid the madness. We'll see.

BTW-planning a wedding is a pain in the arse. I'm ready to just elope.

No comments: